Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
2017 Canyon 2wd with the Belltech 3/4 kit. Local dealer did the install. The stock 18" wheels give it a sporty ride without the harshness of low profile 20" wheels.

This is how the truck should sit from the factory.
I like it, good choice. I wish I didn't have the ride of 20s but I like the look. I would hate it, but everything I've ever owned rides like this

·
Registered
385 Posts
You must get some great mpg and it must handle really well. My All Terrain handles great, but with the lower center of gravity and that type of tire it has. Not to mention the less wind resistance which has to improve you MPG which should already be good with the diesel. If I didn’t drive in the mountains and on the beach, I would do something similar to mine. Plus, it looks damn good.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have about 7000 miles on my lowering kit and I can't say I've seen any change in fuel economy, but I spent the past week in the TN mountains and between the lowering kit and a Pedal Commander, handling is definitely improved. It isn't anywhere close to any sports car I've owned but it's way beyond any truck I've owned. I also sort of regret the harshness of my 20" wheels -- it transmits every tiny bump in the road directly to the driver's seat -- but it looks so good I wouldn't go back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't notice a fuel economy change either.

I will be doing the Hellwig rear sway bar eventually. I don't know why I want it, but they make it. . .so I need it.
You'll notice a "HUGE " wide range in your mpg's. I was averaging 25.5 to 26 before I took kit off. Ride sucked for me. To stiff........I have the kit for sale if you know of anyone you wants it. 250.00 plus shipping from 38637,MS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
You'll notice a "HUGE " wide range in your mpg's. I was averaging 25.5 to 26 before I took kit off. Ride sucked for me. To stiff........I have the kit for sale if you know of anyone you wants it. 250.00 plus shipping from 38637,MS.

That was highway milage

·
Registered
987 Posts
I didn't notice a fuel economy change either.

I will be doing the Hellwig rear sway bar eventually. I don't know why I want it, but they make it. . .so I need it.
I thought about the sway bar too, but decided the ride is rough enough as it is.
Besides, there isn't exactly a lot of canyon-carving available in FL!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I contacted the Hellwig guys about the sway bar for a lowered canyon. Was told it wouldn't work.

I think it is just a matter of shorter bar end-links though.

Waiting to see if their is any "Jingle" left in my pockets after Xmas. Lots of mountain "twisties" around here for testing...

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
I would also like a sway bar in the rear... I removed the front for more articulation... Would like a rear bar to get some high speed body roll taken care of... I also don't really do any twisties in a lifted truck, but I have done some really tight 8's in an empty grass field and never flipped it

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I contacted the Hellwig guys about the sway bar for a lowered canyon. Was told it wouldn't work.

I think it is just a matter of shorter bar end-links though.

Waiting to see if their is any "Jingle" left in my pockets after Xmas. Lots of mountain "twisties" around here for testing...

I'll just make whatever I need, endlinks are easy. I've had to do it several times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Found a 4X4 Collie to swap spare tires with. GMC should be embarrassed to charge C$700+ for the narrow spare tire and rim.
The stock SLT large spare hung way too low once the kit was installed. It was possible to hang it up an a curb when backing into a parking stall.

With the "Donut" spare installed you can see the bottom of the "pumpkin" now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered from Summit, got it next day. Installed the kit in an afternoon with the help of a friend with a lift. We did the full 3"/4" drop. Went smoothly except a pinched wire that was no fault of the kits.

Aligned within reason, but still about 1.2 degrees of camber. Ride is good, but what a difference it made in tailgate/bed height. Visibility is also greatly improved out the rear with a more level stance. Putting my motorcycle and gear in the back (~600lbs) yields an almost perfectly level stance.

Had it on for only 500 miles, but so far it's transformed the truck into the small pickup I actually wanted.
I have some 20's and tirea for sale. Would look cool on that truck. 800 bucks plus shipping to you. They have sensors in them and less than 4000 miles on set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this tread is old, but I do have a question as I would like to get this kit for my 2019 2wd

1. Will this fit a 2019?
2. How does this lower the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't see why it wouldn't fir the 2019 Canyon/Collie. As long as it's a 2WD.

New struts look after lowering the front end.

I have 30K km on mine since lowering, without any issues. Would like to go down a touch more. Has anyone found drop spindles for the truck? Other than custom?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought you all might enjoy an action shot! Had the truck on Thunderhill Raceway not long ago, not in true anger but to help dry the track for the motorcycles. The trackday photographer got some good shots of everyone circulating. As with all pickups, it's tail happy as all hell, especially on a damp track. You really notice how tall 3rd gear is as well (Mine's a 2.5/6MT), it'll drop you right out of the powerband.

It developed a bit of a pull to the left about a year in, so I had it re-aligned. Still sitting at about 1.2 degrees on the camber, after 13k miles those tires looked no worse for wear. Recent update was putting on some cheap takeoff OEM 17's that I think look way better than the blocky 16's that were on it, and still give me enough tire for some comfort.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interested. Why don't you like the kit? How much do you want?
I had the kit on.my 16 Canyon.... Wasn't a bad ride, but I Would be preferred softer shocks....I took it off and sold it.....Complete air ride set up next time for me......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey does anyone know if the turning radius get bigger after installing this lowering kit? I asked beltech and they said they don't road test there kits.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hey does anyone know if the turning radius get bigger after installing this lowering kit? I asked beltech and they said they don't road test there kits.
I do a 180 backing out of my garage each day right along the edge of a curved driveway turn-around area, I didn't notice any difference.

101 - 120 of 154 Posts