Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevy Colorado ZQ8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and I'm sure this issue has been hashed out 1000 times but here it goes.

I'm having an issue with my '04 L5 having a low idle. Likes to idle around 700 RPM. I have changed the MAF and throttle body out and did the idle learning process but it still seems to be a bit low. This truck is new to me so I'm not 100% sure what normal idle speed is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

143k on Motor

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
New to the forum and I'm sure this issue has been hashed out 1000 times but here it goes.

I'm having an issue with my '04 L5 having a low idle. Likes to idle around 700 RPM. I have changed the MAF and throttle body out and did the idle learning process but it still seems to be a bit low. This truck is new to me so I'm not 100% sure what normal idle speed is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

143k on Motor
700 doesn't sound bad. Maybe it's just a little rough? Double check for any vacuum leaks, I remember one hose under the air intake to the intake manifold that is hard to see and get to, so it's easily forgotten when you put it back together.
I'm not sure what you did for a "relearn" but if you didn't disconnect the neg bat cable. It should fix itself after driving it a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts