Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Low Brake Fluid Light on on my Colorado. The fluid level is fine so I assumed it must be the sensor. After replacing the sensor the light is still on. Does anyone know if this warning needs to cleared out or will reset after a period of driving... Or does this mean my issue is somewhere else? (My next guess is the wiring)

Thanks,

Carl

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
I have the Low Brake Fluid Light on on my Colorado. The fluid level is fine so I assumed it must be the sensor. After replacing the sensor the light is still on. Does anyone know if this warning needs to cleared out or will reset after a period of driving... Or does this mean my issue is somewhere else? (My next guess is the wiring)

Thanks,

Carl
What truck are you driving?
Usually there is a level sensor in the M/C, is that what you changed? Is it 1 wire or 2?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I think he has a 2015, as to his post back in July 2015 he was complaining about his door cup holder

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
@TheCarloser
I seriously doubt anything needs to be reset. The electrical upfitter's manual available here only shows the ground wiring, but my guess the signal wire goes right to the BCM. Could be an open on that wire anywhere between the level sensor on the master to the BCM or an open on the black wire at the sensor to ground. The black wire (signal ground)is easy to check with an ohm meter to ground. This all assumes the sensor is good, you could short the connector with a paper clip to test to be sure.
Is this what you replaced I hope?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 2015 Chevy Colorado and that is the part I replaced. As I am not mechanically inclined and the wire that is connected to that sensor branches off to other components and sensors it looks like it is time to take it to the shop. If you could post the electrical up-fitter's manual I would read through first though. I did not see the post that links to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks,

Carl
I have this same problem did you ever find a solution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have this same problem did you ever find a solution?
No, and I have not taken it in yet because I use the vehicle once a week at this point. So I still have no idea how much a shop is going to charge me for this,

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, and I have not taken it in yet because I use the vehicle once a week at this point. So I still have no idea how much a shop is going to charge me for this,
Yeah I am hesitant to take it in I don't want to pay $200 just to get the light to go away.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Nope, Cruise Control won’t work if there are any faults.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Yeah I am hesitant to take it in I don't want to pay $200 just to get the light to go away.

Thanks for the reply
Does yours actually say low brake fluid, or just a brake light on?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
May remove the M/C cap and working the switch back and forth manually a couple of times and put it back on. May even exercise the emergency brake pedal just as some easy fixes. If you could have someone inside to watch the light while you manually work the M/C switch, it would help. Could even add just a small amount more fluid just to see if it will go off. In my 50+ years of working on cars, I have never seen one go bad.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
@Aric
Sense the switch has been replaced I'll guess ground next. Believe it or not the ground for that little switch looks to be in the back of the truck on the frame near the fuel filler. I would check it after bypassing the switch to be sure.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Aric
Sense the switch has been replaced I'll guess ground next. Believe it or not the ground for that little switch looks to be in the back of the truck on the frame near the fuel filler. I would check it after bypassing the switch to be sure. View attachment 405198
Thanks, Will definitely check when it warms up!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
That ground does not look good, I would remove it, clean it, reinstall and coat it. Maybe try a separate temporary ground before just to test.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Check, pull the loom back to see if that is a single wire, and what condition it is in, could be corroded inside the loom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts