Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2007 chevy colorado and driver side low beam headlighr doesn't work but the hi beam does. Also horn not working when pressed but works when alarm sounds.. bulb is fine wires look good. I hope it's not in the steering colom

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Work Truck models used to be sold with single headlight assemblies. I'm assuming that that configuration doesn't exist anymore and that you have four separate headlight bulbs. Does the driver's low beam bulb illuminate when in DRL mode? Both low beam bulbs have the same power source, so the problem is most likely at, or near, the bulb. Examine the wire connectors and the socket carefully. Try swapping the bulb with the one on the right.

The BCM controls the horn. If it won't operate manually there is a problem between the switch on the steering wheel and the BCM. If you want I can post information regarding a connector under the instrument panel where you can check for power to the switch.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Gen I truck. . . check the electrical ground points under the hood .

One on passenger side on firewall wit a small plastic cover over it. Another on the Dirver side top rear of fender.

Remove , clean and wire brush all rust , dirt, install using some stainless steel star washers, and a "little" grease to all parts before re assembling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 09 has headlight issues but I dont have the horn issue, I found the connector for the headlight was sloppy and could see arcing around it, i cleaned with tiny file greased and its been fine since
Just went through exact same problem with my dads 08 Toyota matrix
Ps stainless is a poor conductor of electricity, I'd use a copper washer just gob in dielectric grease after tightening to keep from corroding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.