Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone noticed the seat fabric being loose on the rear bench in their CC? I have a 2016 CC and the seat fabric appears to not be fully adhered to the foam on 1/3 portion of the bench. It's a little hard to see from the picture I attached, but the fabric is loose on the bench near the seat back

Attachments

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
The fabric is not attached to the foam.

Odds are it is just lose and needs to be repositioned. That or the foam deformed.

Either way the dealer should be able to fix it unde4 warranty. Not a tough fix.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I use to get this on my driver's seat in my old 2007 Colorado. You can kinda massage it out. It use to happen more when the weather was warmer and the material could stretch. With the 2004 Colorado this didn't happen but there was less foam and people complained the the seats were too hard. As the foam compacts the seat might get a ripple. Try telling your dealer your seat is loose. See what happens. They might be nice and recover it. Be careful of fat people squashing your seats! >:)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Foam has a limited life and it decays over time. They call it dead foam. When recovering seats you generally either replace the foam or you add a layer to the old foam.

The seat here the foam is ok but the cover got stretched or moved and needs adjusted. It does not happen often but it
can.

A hog ring may have even let go in the Seam.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yeah, I haven't really heard this complaint here with the new seats. Some people had problems with the stitching, but not ripples in the seat. I was just joking about fat people. You probably have a fit problem or something loose. Your dealer should take care of you.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
On my rear seat, 2-person portion, underneath the seat, wear the cover wraps together, it came undone pretty soon after I purchased. I have concluded that it requires about 6 hands, gorilla hand, in order to actually re-attach that plastic lip into the slot. I gave up after 4-5 attempts by myself and one with my wife's help. Maybe when it warms back up one day I will get energetic and try again. (doubt it.)

My rear seats aren't sat on much, so hasn't caused any issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What CaryBosse said, exactly. 2016 CC for me as well and his description is hilarious and spot on. Not having 6 hands at my disposal I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. Disappointingly, it happened again :(
Any way, flip up your rear seats and you'll see the upholstery fasteners loose, I would bet on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my rear seat, 2-person portion, underneath the seat, wear the cover wraps together, it came undone pretty soon after I purchased. I have concluded that it requires about 6 hands, gorilla hand, in order to actually re-attach that plastic lip into the slot. I gave up after 4-5 attempts by myself and one with my wife's help. Maybe when it warms back up one day I will get energetic and try again. (doubt it.)

What CaryBosse said, exactly. 2016 CC for me as well and his description is hilarious and spot on. Not having 6 hands at my disposal I took it to the dealer to get it fixed. Disappointingly, it happened again :(
Any way, flip up your rear seats and you'll see the upholstery fasteners loose, I would bet on it.
Yup, I flipped the seat up and sure enough the plastic lip came out of the slot or perhaps was never secured by the seat supplier. I only had two hands and after a few attempts gave up. I'll let the dealer handle this one under warranty. :nerd:

·
Registered
38 Posts

My strategy is to have dealer fix under warranty frequently for two reasons: a) I do not have any multiarmed deities to call upon and b) hoping this issue gets enough warranty traffic for GM to fix or redesign.

As I am writing this, dealer called (truck is conveniently there at the moment for this issue and other unrelated issues), and service advisor states something is on order for the seat, with parts 2-3 weeks out. Will update as info or fix becomes available.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are rings that hold it in place and also plastic clips. Some of it snaps in the clips and I believe right there are 3 rings you use hog ring pliers to pull back and clamp. I put Katzkin leather in my truck. Took 3 days but came out fine. I just love it. Changed the whole feel of the truck.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.