Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the rims get a black outer rim which I think looks better. Also looks like the illuminated black bow tie makes the rear also black. Sortof looks like they changed something on the front fender bottom or its just really black and I cant see all the details lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just looking at the pictures on the build and price on chevy site. Think they could be wrong though lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ah, gotcha. When I look at the chevy website I only get 17s. No option to view the 18 Colorado's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The rims backgound color is actually a real dark brown ... at least that is what is looks like out in my barn. You have to remember that a lot of the pictures online are computer renderings, and/or could be a picture of something that is not really a current production vehicle... My Son works for a German outfit that does the fake pictures of all the Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. They are the same company that does the graphics for Game of Thrones on HBO.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Although it is likely it is a mistake, think about it: The 2017 Picture shows the bronze outer ring, the 2018 rim is definitely different in the picture. It would cost money to pay a graphics company to change that, so why would they unless it represented a change in the new vehicle. It would be easier to keep the image from the 2017, right?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guess I'll see in a month or so lol

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya looks like it just the pictures are wrong:(. I think I'm going to paint the rims the way they look in the picture though and paint the zr2 in red.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you look on the Chevy website when building a ZR2, if you look at the interior pictures you will notice on one of them that it looks like dual climate control because the drivers side looks like 71 and the passengers side looks like 72. I know it the wrong picture but it would be nice for dual climate control.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The changes for 2018 ZR2's are:

Active Tow
Heated outside mirrors
New Colors: Satin Steel Grey Metallic and Kinetic Blue

You can see this here: 2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
That link shows the base price at $40,995 (with DFC) but chevy.com shows $41,155 (with DFC) when you build it. Is it possible that they got other info wrong too?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
What is 'active tow'?
Active tow is a second grid on the Bach up camera that lines up the hitch to the trailer according to what I saw on the web. Not a big deal.

As for many of the photos they are all phot shopped older photos. Ones like the duel climate control was a pre production photo that did not make production yet they have used it over various years.

If you look at the sales books they often change colors and even use non production or pre production things.

The video for the Canyon Denali it shows it having the 4x4 emblem on the bed. Also some press photos show it but it never made production.

The computer enhanced photos are cheap, fast and easy to do so you may see many changes some real some fake.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Note to someone in Michigan claimed he just got his 2018 and the photo showed the same wheels.

Also the order info shows no option on the wheels.

Could be it may be a late year option. The ZR was on the sales catalog months before it appeared last year. Same on the Denali.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My new ZR2 rims look like they were sprayed with a very dark brown paint, then the wheel was spun with a face cut to clean the paint off the outer design surface. Finally a gold band was painted on the outside of the rim with a brown ZR2 added on this gold band. That's my story and I am sticking to it.... :)

Reactions: BACKN68

·
Registered
628 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.