Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 2003 Silverado, and it was trouble free for the 100,000 or so miles when I sold it. I've always liked the Avalanche, and now have a chance to get one. The one I came across (have not seen it in person yet) has 180,000 miles, interior is leather and looks very clean. Should I be worried that the truck has 180,000 miles? Asking price is $5900. Any opinions are appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure you're going to get a whole ton of info off here man. Facebook might be the place to ask

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
price seems about right for that year and mileage, mainly it is your call, in near future will be things like brakes, ball joints, steering linkage etc..
I would have all fluids changed except the transmission fluid as long as it looks clean and red

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much for a 16 year old vehicle that was somewhat limited in production and thus may be difficult to find parts for. Sure, most of the parts are same as Silverado, but any specialized parts may be impossible to replace and junkyard, excuse me, salvage yard availability may be limited.

I did like the Avalanche, and tried to figure out a way for it to make sense for me. If it would have been on the Tahoe length rather than Suburban, I would have owned one back in that time frame instead of my Tahoe.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't know personally about their reliability but I do know I see quite a few still on the road around Austin, I think that speaks well. I also think they should bring it back and it would sell well in this new world.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Surely there is an Avalanche forum out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts