Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab Long Bed
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Armor All Tire Spray to this point for all my vehicles - but its effects are VERY temporary from my experience. What is the best tire shine I could invest in for my Colorado that would last more than a day? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think most of the tire shine products work alright .I spray a good tire and wheel cleaner on them when I wash my truck every time to get the old spray off be for applying new .It's old brown crud that keeps the new from working.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if you ever heard of a product called Awesome , its really cheap and great for the tires ,just spray on wait a minute and rinse -no scrubing

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if you ever heard of a product called Awesome , its really cheap and great for the tires ,just spray on wait a minute and rinse -no scrubing
And after rinsing it leaves behind a definite shine on the tire, or it just removes dirt?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
At Costco yesterday I noticed they offered a supposedly new spray on Meguiars product. I almost bought it but decided against to avoid Costco creep (the check out bill expanding). Unfortunately it doesn't show on the Costco website. I've used Meguiars rub on "Endurance" product in the past--it has a decent life.

What would be really nice is a product that can be applied when the tires are still slightly wet, since right after washing is when I want to apply it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I personally use Duragloss #253 applied with a flagged tipped brush. NO SLING OFF onto the paint. One of my pet peeves. Lasts a couple washes. But if your looking for a long term solution, then you want to look into a tire coating kit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally use Duragloss #253 applied with a flagged tipped brush. NO SLING OFF onto the paint. One of my pet peeves. Lasts a couple washes. But if your looking for a long term solution, then you want to look into a tire coating kit.
View attachment 386563
That is exactly how I want my tires to look...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Clean the tires with a scrub brush and powdered cleanser, then leave them alone. Tire companies recommend against using dressings and can even void your warranty. Shinny tires look like tires on toy cars.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use Mequiar's Hot Shine and after spraying on tires wipe it with a rag. I don't like that shinny look but do like that by doing that the tires look new and clean

·
Registered
855 Posts
Cold, slush, cold, grit, ice, freezing cold, snow, crude.. that's the extent of tire dressing till spring... did I mention cold?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Meguires Hot Shine here too.

Just make sure to get tires clean and then coat them several times to put on a good base then you only need a light cost to bring it back.

use a foam applicator as it does a good job and it will be saturated so it will take less product for as good results later on.

Do not spray the tire but spray the applicator. It will not mess up the wheels this way. Then just work it in.
make sure 5he tire is dry as wet tires will delete the shine and make it more satin. Some people want a more dull shine and that is how they do it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Clean as Tom instructed above.
Then apply 303. Very little shine, UV protection and always clean. Apply every 2-3 months.
/thread

·
Registered
116 Posts
Clean as Tom instructed above.
Then apply 303. Very little shine, UV protection and always clean. Apply every 2-3 months.
/thread
I agree, have been using 303 on my tires for a long time. That is when i have the energy. Not shiny, but brings a new natural look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts