Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is their anyway to temperarily beef up the rear suspension because i want a soft ride but when i tow the racecar the truck realy squats down. in short im asking if their is any way to keepit from squating w/o the extra leaf springs? all im towing it with my truck with is to take it to car shows. my dad has a deisel to pull it with if you think thats just the easy way.

heres some pics of the truck + the lsx race engine in the racecar

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems a tad bit expensive to put on the truck and leave their + it will get ruined on my road and i still am not too sure about that kit. any other methods?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
94racing said:
seems a tad bit expensive to put on the truck and leave their + it will get ruined on my road and i still am not too sure about that kit. any other methods?
that is the best way to do it. what do you mean to expensive to leave on the truck. do you seriously want somethin you have to put on and take off everytime you wanna use it?? that makes zero sense

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Definitely helper bags. You don't need the compressor kit, just the helper bag kit.

Also, get the kit fir the 4wd with the taller bags for your truck. When you're not hauling, drop the air to 10psi and you will have a normal ride.

I have had a set in my truck since I bought it. I have mine filled to 40psi - 60psi at all times since I have a bed full of work gear weighing over 600 lbs.

Here's the kit you need
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Holy lowered rear end!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what im saying about leaving it there is me and my brother would swap it out between my truck and his ranger.
i started looking around today and i saw the suspension blocks that limit it. is their a bigger block to replace that. the only thing im worryd about towing is the hitch hitting the ground because the hitch is only about 2 inches off the ground.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would go with a weight distribution set up. Air bags are nice for leveling, but they don't distribute the load across all axles the way WD bars do. Look in My Gallery for some pics of my set up. With my trailer loaded, water tank full and quad on the deck, the tongue weight is just over 600 lbs. The WD bars levels everything out nicely and balances the load better than just helper springs or bags.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where did you get these and how much. also does it ride any diferent or is it higher????
thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Those are Bubaloos 2" shackles. I don't know if he's still making them. Search for him in the Suspension forum.

They raised the rear 2" and had no effect on the ride, but won't help with the sag when you hitch up the trailer. My truck squats quite a bit without the WD bars in place. The steering gets real light and squirrelly. I put them on because no lift kits were available at the time, and I needed something to get a little more ground clearance for the places I like to go.

I re-keyed the torsion bars to get the same lift at the front.

Woop, here ya go, Bubaloo has shackles in stock, 70 bucks shipped. Look a the last post in this thread...

http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=175

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts