Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to lift my truck abit.
I haul tools all the time and I get quite abit of sagging in the rear.

I need help on choosing some kind of lift kit or something?
I was thinking of a Add a Leaf but I have no clue what I would do to the front? By adding a leaf it will gain me what 2"s or so. I think it might look goofy if it is high in the back and stock in the front what could I add to the Front?

It is a 2wd Crew Cab.

Thanks Chris Hardy

·
Banned
433 Posts
if its a z71 then just crank the tb...numerous how to threads on that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please please Let me know what I need. I plan on Doing this next weekend.

I just want something simple. I Am a union Carpenter and I haul alot of tools in the truck. It sags all the time. But I wanted to add a 2-3" lift though out the truck. I am not sure if I add 2 in the front if I will have to add to 2 in the rear?

Need something that has a slight Rack. So if I do 2 in the rear want something like 1-1 1/2 in the front.

Thanks for all the help Guys,
Chris Hardy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was to Buy the CST 5" Lift kit.
Would I buy the 4" Leaf Spring? (For a Level Ride.)
Also Just would Need the Options Of Different Rear Shocks.
ANything else?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
fabtech makes a 3" lift as well. i went with the 2" lift spring from ebay and bubaloo 2" schackels. it looked good had a slight rake back to front. i also had a 3" body lift on the truck. i had about $200 bucks in the suspension plus the cost of an alignment.

and this is what i finished with

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After thinking about it. I am gonna try out the Springs as Mentioned above. Then Go to the Chop Shop and Have them add a leaf for me.

So it should be 2"s all away around?
But in getting the Springs should I change out the front Shocks? If so I was thinking PRO Comps. Or would the Springs be ok and not get new Shocks.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts