Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2005 is already lifted i assume its stock with the off-road package or whatever but it could be aftermarket since i got it used......i wanted to give it a 1.5" maybe 2" lift just in front just a body lift because it already has the z71 suspension what kind of kit would somebody reccomend.... and will it affect suspension at all?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Just lifting the cab 2" would look real goofy. :) If your truck is stock then its not lifted. You can do a TB crank with shackles to get 1.5-2", but if you have a 4wd then you also probably want to drop the front diff some. My sig has write-ups for the diff drop and AAL install. There is also a sticky for the 2" tb crank and shackle install at the top of this section.

Snap us some pictures if you aren't sure and we'll be able to tell you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya? im sorry dont really know very much about what you are talkin about lol... im sure you've seen the trucks with the front end lifts a little higher than the rear? thats what i want jus a little bit higher i think would look good

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You could accomplish that just by cranking the TB and not raising the rear at all. The most you can get out of the front is about 2-2.5" avg. This would leave you maybe a 1.5" shackle for the rear. Otherwise you have to find a CST kit which without the extra 1" shackle provides that look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts