Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1681 - 1700 of 1735 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Colorado Redline Edition Before and After

6" Rough Country Suspension Lift (Level in the back)
33" Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Kept my Stock 18" Redline Rims for now
2" wheel spacers

Was torn about getting 20" rims, but glad I didn't. Grapplers ride smooth on the road too. Very pleased. So far, no significant change in MPG either.

Thinking about new grille and fender flares next, but want to cool off from this first.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
551 Posts
I'm sure someone can actually answer these better but I ordered the Eibach kit with the 1.5" add-a-leaf and 1" shocks last week. I'm still waiting on shipping but I'd be happy to let you know how it turns out (I think I'm only gonna hit 2" on the front though, I only have 1" of rake from stock and I dont want to completely lose it). I grabbed a diff drop but no sway bar drop or end links.
Bumble...did you ever get that kit installed? I would be interested in your 1st impressions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
Bumble...did you ever get that kit installed? I would be interested in your 1st impressions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sorry guys, it took me WAY longer than I expected (5-6 hrs...) to get the front work done, and I ran out of garage time before I could do the rears. I know a lot of the questions were regarding the ride with the rear add-a-leaf and I unfortunately still haven't gotten a chance to put them/the rear shocks in.

Speaking for the fronts though, I did the 2" setting and have a couple of thoughts on that:
1) It's perfectly leveled the truck. I expect the add-a-leaf to get me back within half an inch of factory rake.
2) I don't know how people do these things in like an hour, haha, getting the control arms back together required the use of a jack and an extra pair of hands. It was my first time though and I likely did things inefficiently/stupidly.
3) I purchased the extended tie-rod end links everyone recommends and I couldn't actually get them to fit. I'm going to try again now that everything has settled. I definitely feel it when steering, the wheel is a little stiff to turn now and I'm pretty sure that's because I'm still using the stock end links.
4) Diff drop is a royal pain in the butt to install.

Ride quality is noticeably different. Despite the stiffer steering wheel, there's definitely a decrease in body roll that makes turning feel really, really nice. I've had some time to drive it around now, and things like highway section lines (horrible here in CO) are a little more obnoxious, but it feels way better going over larger things like railway trestles. I have no stock comparison for offroading, but it handled Mosquito Pass here just fine, with the exception of a fairly consistent clunk in the front. Another driver suggested it might be slapping the bump stops and told me his Eibachs did the same thing. Overall I'm SUPER pleased with the improved performance being so obvious to me, a dumb-dumb with no prior knowledge or experience.

I can let you guys know when the rears are done but I don't know when that will happen as I'd like to do it myself and my schedule is pretty nuts.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Despite the stiffer steering wheel,
loosening the bolt on the steering shaft and turning the steering wheel back and forth a few times then re-tighten may help

·
Registered
407 Posts
loosening the bolt on the steering shaft and turning the steering wheel back and forth a few times then re-tighten may help
Ooh haven't heard this, I'll give it a go when I swap the end links. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got back from the shop and very pleased with the install...(2019 Z71 short bed) I had the Eibach Summit Kit installed from Peak Suspension with Dirt King UCAs and Peak differential drop and 1" block in back, sway bar relocator bracket by Icon and end links. I upgraded my tires after I purchased the vehicle so still have the 265/65r17 right now but may go up one size eventually. I'm getting the alignment tomorrow morning since the install took the shop a bit longer than expected. Very pleased and seems like a solid set up and feels great going down the road. The front driver side is 37-1/8 and was 34-3/4....the back drivers side is exactly 38". Highly recommend Eibach parts for anyone on the fence about installing this kit and the Dirt King control arms are really beefy, feel free to shoot me any questions you may have, thanks.................Quick update....I had the alignment done this morning and it was waaaay off..... as everyone states that must be done after you change the suspension parts....Drives perfect down the road and straight as an arrow...(y):)

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
306 Posts
What issue would I run into if I did a lift with all the upgrades except the diff drop? How high could I safely go without it? I ask for a few reasons but one is because I was planning to go with a full set of skid plates from fab589 and they say they wont work with any lift that requires a diff drop.

·
Registered
901 Posts
What issue would I run into if I did a lift with all the upgrades except the diff drop? How high could I safely go without it? I ask for a few reasons but one is because I was planning to go with a full set of skid plates from fab589 and they say they wont work with any lift that requires a diff drop.
If you go over 2" of lift up front it's recommended to add the diff drop. I run aev skids on my canyon and clears the diff drop with a bit of room.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
306 Posts
If you go over 2" of lift up front it's recommended to add the diff drop. I run aev skids on my canyon and clears the diff drop with a bit of room.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Probably a stupid question but will it fit a Canyon? They don't specifically say so on the site so I don't ever assume it will since there are always minor differences sometimes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Like the spacers with the lift, might be in my future.

·
Registered
125 Posts
2019 GMC Canyon
Leveling kit
Rear height stock
KMC XD131 - 17X8.5 Rims
Mickey Thompson MTZ LT265/70R17 tires
ZR2 factory rock sliders
Z71 factory fender flares
Gibson Dual Extreme Cat-back Exhaust
Gibson Stainless Steel quiet tip exhaust tips
aFe Momentum GT Pro 5R CAI
aFe Sprint pedal programmer
UnderCover Ridgelander Tonneau Cover
4.10 nitro gears
Trifecta tune for speedo re-programming and better shifting
Full set of superskidz skid plates
Next will be a small lift and shocks when funds allow it. Any ideas on the lift and shock combos would be very appreciated.

View attachment 394486

View attachment 394487

View attachment 394488
How do you like the 4.10 gears matched with 265 70’s?

·
Registered
286 Posts
This may be a dumb question but does anyone regret putting a big lift such as the 5.5 or 6in lifts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the BDS 5.5 coilover lift. Still running great on 33's. Moving to up and will fit 35's on the next sneaker change. BDS rides better than stock IMO. i've had other lifts in my life going the less expensive route. Trucks all looked good but the ride suffered on and off the road. Totally happy for 40000 miles on the BDS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just leased a 2021 colorado redline. i didn't realize how short it really feels. looking to do some inexpensive upgrades because its a lease. i guess will start with a small lift then a beefier set of tires, i can always sell these tires with only 200miles on them. These are on 18" rims so thats going to be the next obvious question is with 18" wheels what the biggest i can go with a basic 2" lift to make this truck look bigger then it really is lol. anyone use this basic kit?
thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I just leased a 2021 colorado redline. i didn't realize how short it really feels. looking to do some inexpensive upgrades because its a lease. i guess will start with a small lift then a beefier set of tires, i can always sell these tires with only 200miles on them. These are on 18" rims so thats going to be the next obvious question is with 18" wheels what the biggest i can go with a basic 2" lift to make this truck look bigger then it really is lol. anyone use this basic kit?
thanks for the feedback
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your truck. You should read this thread:

[/URL]

Most tire sizes listed are 17s, but you can use tiresize.com to compare to 18" sizing. For example, 265/65r18 are the same outer dimensions as 265/70r17.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,251 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
thanks for the feedback
I have 18" wheels with the eibach kit set at 2.7" and it rubs with a tire one size up (265/65/18) and required trimming. If you are going to go bigger, I would consider getting a skinnier tire. Honestly though, If you just get an A/T tire it would make a difference in appearance while keeping a 265/60/18 stock tire size. I also have 1.5" wheel spacers.

Reactions: pergo1ny
1681 - 1700 of 1735 Posts