Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 60 of 1647 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
can someone with the zone leveling kit tell me the wheel opening to ground measurement ?

stock AT here, using the center of the hub, i get 34.5" to the ground

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
586 Posts
Does anyone need their speedometer recalibrated to correct for larger tires?

We offer a performance calibration for the MY2015+ Chevrolet Colorado and the MY2015 GMC Canyon that also includes speedometer recalibrations as a service:

LINK: http://coloradofans.com/forums/185-engines-technical-discussion/206298-trifecta-31-ft-lbs-27-whp-2015-chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon-dec-2014-a.html

We can also adjust the shift points so that RPM/gear scaling is correct. Low end torque and throttle response are both vastly improved with the calibration installed; and we're currently offering demo/trial calibrations! (just email us for a free to try calibration, see above link for details)

And if thats not enough how about doubling power output with a TRIFECTA supercharger powerkit?

LINK: http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-2015-chevrolet-colorado-forum-2015-gmc-canyon-forum/207610-trifecta-supercharged-chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon-progress-dec-15th-2014-a.html

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ibjb75.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/o6lfk9.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/9kz9m0.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
2" kit with 33's
WOKNROX,

You win my award for the best looking new gen I have seen. I will not be spending that kind of money on my truck when I get it, but if I was going to do some mods, and say to heck with MPGs, I think I would be looking long and hard at what you have done. I think the tires are really what makes your package stand out, but you couldn't get there without the other mods you did.

·
Registered
157 Posts
not sure if i should start a new thread or if this should go under another section, not to get off topic too much, but does anyone have any idea how these basic lift and leveling kits effect your warranty? I'm aware of the general rule where most aftermarket parts must be proven to be the direct cause of a failure but I've never dealt with any changes to a cars suspension. and then, i had also heard from someone who has a lot of experience with chevy, that a company called rough country is the only company that won't have any effect on your warranty. I'm looking at the zone off road kit and the auto springs kit currently but i wanna get my facts straight before going any further.

·
Registered
311 Posts
WOKNROX,

You win my award for the best looking new gen I have seen. I will not be spending that kind of money on my truck when I get it, but if I was going to do some mods, and say to heck with MPGs, I think I would be looking long and hard at what you have done. I think the tires are really what makes your package stand out, but you couldn't get there without the other mods you did.
Thanks. .The truck is currently getting upper 18s and remember that the speedo is reading a little slow..5-8 mph..at hwy speeds...normally around 80 mph. So with that I don't think that's to terribly bad. I use this truck for a lot more then just running the hwy back and forth to work so the MT's are much needed. It see's a lot of off-road use healing the jeep , dirt bikes and whatnot.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
So I have the Zone leveling 1.25” to install but just now realizing it doesn’t completely level the truck out like the 2” will. But, on the Zone website they mention the 1.25” is the most they could "safely" use just for a spacer. I want the truck to be at least level. Anyone have comments or recommendations on this and if it really matters to have the 2”? Thank you! Also, just FYI Readylift is coming out with a kit soon too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So I have the Zone leveling 1.25” to install but just now realizing it doesn’t completely level the truck out like the 2” will. But, on the Zone website they mention the 1.25” is the most they could "safely" use just for a spacer. I want the truck to be at least level. Anyone have comments or recommendations on this and if it really matters to have the 2”? Thank you! Also, just FYI Readylift is coming out with a kit soon too.
I too installed the zone kit. I would agree with you that is not completely level, but it's only a 1/2 difference between the front and back and I belive it has a nice look to it. The shape and lines of the truck play tricks with your eyes a bit more than you think. You really notice the diffrence when you are inside the truck. The problem with any leveling kit is by bringing the front end up, it changes your view of the front end. I'm 5'10 and now with the 1.25" kit installed I have a much harder time seeing the end of the front end. This makes parking a little more difficult. I could only imagine what the 2" does to your view, especially for a smaller person. I think the zone kit is a nice fit, unless you want bigger tires that 265/70/17 or the equivalent in 18" at least without them rubbing or having to alter the original design of the truck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I too installed the zone kit. I would agree with you that is not completely level, but it's only a 1/2 difference between the front and back and I belive it has a nice look to it. The shape and lines of the truck play tricks with your eyes a bit more than you think. You really notice the diffrence when you are inside the truck. The problem with any leveling kit is by bringing the front end up, it changes your view of the front end. I'm 5'10 and now with the 1.25" kit installed I have a much harder time seeing the end of the front end. This makes parking a little more difficult. I could only imagine what the 2" does to your view, especially for a smaller person. I think the zone kit is a nice fit, unless you want bigger tires that 265/70/17 or the equivalent in 18" at least without them rubbing or having to alter the original design of the truck.
Thanks for the input and experience with it. I'm a little particular...and 1/2 and knowing it's not truly level might annoy me. I may want larger tires but that would be down the road.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
A truly level truck will look a little nose high just because the fender cut outs up front are larger to make room for the tires to turn.
You really want the rear end a hair high to have a truck that looks level to the eye.

41 - 60 of 1647 Posts