Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 1580 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a thread for all your lifted Colly/Canyon upgrades. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with and decide to do to your trucks. Leveling kits, lift kits, new tires and wheels... It's getting exciting now, boys! I am holding out (and saving up) for the Duramax and would love ideas from new owners.

Get the upgrades on there, and send us some pics! We all want to see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That new ZR2 is going to have a front diff lock. Anyway to make this happen on a regular colorado without waiting and paying for a ZR2 if it makes it to the market?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have a 1.25" leveling kit on the way from zone off road. Got some inside info from them they will be releasing 1.5" body lift to combo with it

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Example of leveling kit and body lift with bigger tires from Zone Off Road. I will be doing this combo on my Canyon!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Example of leveling kit and body lift with bigger tires from Zone Off Road. I will be doing this combo on my Canyon!

That looks sweet.

I think it's going to be quite a while before we see very many lifted trucks since they have that stupid new bolt pattern.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks nice and that's a good price, too. And it's an ideal kit for me in terms of size.

It will be my first truck. I did not expect to customize it too much but this kit is tempting indeed. I wonder how much $ we could get selling or swapping the stock tires to keep the overall project price low.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good to see that these kits make room for bigger tires. Does anyone know roughly the maximum size tires that can fit in the stock wheel wells? I asked a Chevrolet chat person "Morgan" but she was no help.

I am specifically wondering about putting bigger tires on the stock Z71 wheels. I think removing the air dam and maybe swapping out tires could improve the stance enough for me. But it doesn't look like there is a whole lot of room for bigger tires in the stock wheel wells (see image). So a reasonably priced lift or level like the Zone Offroad ones could be clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Good to see that these kits make room for bigger tires. Does anyone know roughly the maximum size tires that can fit in the stock wheel wells? I asked a Chevrolet chat person "Morgan" but she was no help.

I am specifically wondering about putting bigger tires on the stock Z71 wheels. I think removing the air dam and maybe swapping out tires could improve the stance enough for me. But it doesn't look like there is a whole lot of room for bigger tires in the stock wheel wells (see image). So a reasonably priced lift or level like the Zone Offroad ones could be clutch.
GM says with stock wheels and stock height, the stock tires are already as big as you can go.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Why would chevy come out with a differnt bolt pattern that makes all after market rims obsolete.
I have no idea. All I know is it's different, and it's not a common pattern, either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why would chevy come out with a differnt bolt pattern that makes all after market rims obsolete.
I agree with the bolt pattern being different that than the standard sizes, but couldn't a hub-centric wheel spacer get you to a standard spec? Might cost a little extra, but would bring out the tires just a 'wee bit.'

Also, I found a really nice high-res pic of that leveled Colorado with aftermarket wheels on Zone Offroad's site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I agree with the bolt pattern being different that than the standard sizes, but couldn't a hub-centric wheel spacer get you to a standard spec?
Yes, you could do that. I think that's what a lot of us will have to do.

1 - 20 of 1580 Posts