Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions on a 5 1/2" Zone lift. I have never had a lift on a truck but love the looks of a lifted truck. My worries are....
1. Potential problems with truck/. warranty.
2. Poor ride/driving
3. Decreased power from larger tires.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't forget to recalibrate your speedometer for different tire sizes.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Zone and BDS cover your Drive Train warranty for 60,000 miles/5 years (like the factory) because a lift of that size (5.5") will void factory, if not installed by them.... which is way tooo much for that. So, go with them and your covered. BDS has a forever warranty on all of there parts. "No questions asked warranty"!!! Best in the lifting market. Plus they are 126 compliant. Which means that their lifts are tested to government standards for ABS and all of the electrical driving stuff on your car. Your safe legally and on the road. You should never have an issue arise with the company in a law suit with someone saying their lift was the cause of an accident or an airbag deploying .... they are top quality. Zone (Sister company to BDS) is more affordable. Almost the same physical design (no index ring and hardware sizing stuff), but they do not have the "no questions asked" warranty. Just the lifetime on structural parts warranty. They are both high quality parts. Research is key. There are many other decent and good lifts out there, but those are my recommendations and facts. King is great I've heard, but way more expensive. That's like pro Baja racing suspensions. But so is BDS, which is still more affordable... I digress. Any questions, just ask.

PS: Stay away from Rough Country if you plan on keeping your truck for more than 3 or so years. Just my opinion. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

What are your opinions on a 5 1/2" Zone lift. I have never had a lift on a truck but love the looks of a lifted truck. My worries are....
1. Potential problems with truck/. warranty.
2. Poor ride/driving
3. Decreased power from larger tires.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Zone and BDS cover your Drive Train warranty for 60,000 miles/5 years (like the factory) because a lift of that size (5.5") will void factory, if not installed by them.... which is way tooo much for that. So, go with them and your covered. BDS has a forever warranty on all of there parts. "No questions asked warranty"!!! Best in the lifting market. Plus they are 126 compliant. Which means that their lifts are tested to government standards for ABS and all of the electrical driving stuff on your car. Your safe legally and on the road. You should never have an issue arise with the company in a law suit with someone saying their lift was the cause of an accident or an airbag deploying .... they are top quality. Zone (Sister company to BDS) is more affordable. Almost the same physical design (no index ring and hardware sizing stuff), but they do not have the "no questions asked" warranty. Just the lifetime on structural parts warranty. They are both high quality parts. Research is key. There are many other decent and good lifts out there, but those are my recommendations and facts. King is great I've heard, but way more expensive. That's like pro Baja racing suspensions. But so is BDS, which is still more affordable... I digress. Any questions, just ask.

PS: Stay away from Rough Country if you plan on keeping your truck for more than 3 or so years. Just my opinion. Nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.