Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting ready to order by rado.. So i was wondering cause i just cant happen to find a lift for a 4x4 5speed colorado anybody know were i can get one!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
turboaddict said:
um auto or 5-speed doesn't make a difference.
Only thing I can think of that would make a difference is if he's talking about a body lift. Then, your installation instructions will probably tell you to cut your shifter and weld in a 3" extension to compensate for the extra distance from the tranny to the floor. On a suspension lift, it shouldn't make any dif.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well see thing is it said it about suspension lift not body.. yet i fig either way it would be a bit different because im getting the work truck with the 4x4 on the the floor so...
Other then the tranny and that it should all be the same... anybody on here gone soa on there rado?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Rancho lift says its for automatic only, though I can't figure why. I emailed them a while back about it but never heard back.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Thought of another possible issue with the 5 sp. The issue may be the length of the tranny and therefore, the front drive shaft. A shorter tranny, would also mean a shorter front drive shaft and more acute angles when the front dif is dropped. Just guessing on the tranny length though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts