Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pop.....thanks for bursting my bubble...i like the molded in lights on the front of the roof...any other options?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
buy it for the plastic and sub your own lights into it?

lighting is not really about quantity, but more about quality

buy a good brand [ie lightforce or hella] and spend some money as even they have cheapo lights.

two lightforce blitz240 0r 500 hid lamps where you have them small square things and you will be more than happy, oncoming traffic and your wallet on the other hand wont

·
Registered
478 Posts
$355+ship? +the cost of swapping in decent lights? +painting to color match, +holes in roof = not worth it. But I do think it would look cool. Maybe if it were a salvage piece for $50. But not $355.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I like my 3 Lightforce Blitz 240s. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, some one thinking along the same line as me, I found the install instructions on line, there are about half a dozen holes for the rivnuts. The same extact type that hold on the factory tailgate spoilers on the 355's.
And one larger hole to pass the harness through. I have made cardboard templates and the roof lines just past the windsheild are pretty close. I am trying to find one in the wrecking yards or trying to find a Mopar parts guy who'll order me one in to test fit before. The bar comes as to distinct pieces, the bar with the lights and the molded/aero top cover. My intent when the holes are drilled is to use the same windsheild sealant our windows are held in with. This should assure along dry install.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
when i said known to leak i meant that chrysler has had big problems with these warrenty wise because the lenses leak and fill with water. anytime you drill a hole in a roof skin you have the possibility of a leak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was unaware of that, I thought the lights were made by Hella. I guess their quality has went down hill as well.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Have you looked at the lights available for the H3? You can go to their site and do a build. They'll be in the accessories at the top of the page.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i think you should try it. i really want to do the same thing for my truck. but i dirtydawg is correct. i am almost sure they have roof lights. the only thing is i think it only installs two lights not 4

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is just a thought, I know how concerned everyone is with there roof leaking after drilling holes and such in it, I used this calk/glue/sealant from west marine on a freinds ranger roof mounted visor, and so far there been no leaks, the only problem now is trying to get it off without cutting it off.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=10890

·
Registered
342 Posts
i think the h3 lights would be closer match then the liberty in my opinion. you could also try fiberglassing a light mount. i have been trying to think of a way to get lights on my roof without using those roof bars that stick up 2 feet high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts