Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on leveling vs lifting. Leveling looks to be cheaper and seems to give the level look I'm looking for but finding little feedback on a preference. Also any advice on the "Chevy Lean" I'd appreciate it too.
Z71.jpg

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If you only want the leveled look, throw a leveling kit on it. Lift kits accomplish that and you have shock options to change the ride characteristics. Cheap and looks, leveling kit. Looks and change how it rides, lift kit. Whatever your preference, do that. Lots of folks opt for lift kits for the smoother offroad ride.

There are leaf spring shims that can help to address the lean. Peak Suspension sells a version.

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
459 Posts
Start with a level and see if it satisfies your needs. They are cheap enough. And if you want more you can go for a body lift or rear block. I have a 2” level, 1” add a leaf, and 1.25” body lift. And it’s perfect for me. And extremely affordable if you do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start with a level and see if it satisfies your needs. They are cheap enough. And if you want more you can go for a body lift or rear block. I have a 2” level, 1” add a leaf, and 1.25” body lift. And it’s perfect for me. And extremely affordable if you do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the tip. I like those numbers and the look of your level. I think i'll probably follow your numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts