Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Y'all have all been wonderful and have given me a wealth of information to digest, along with a bit of education (some of that technical talk was way over my head!). The only reason this came up with my service writer was a) I asked if their body shop did level kit installs and b) would it in any way, shape, or form affect any official warranty claims
regarding the on-going shudder/clunk tranny crap we're dealing with on the 8 speeds (wasn't going to tempt fate til I covered all bases.)

Again, y'all have all rocked my Colorado-lovin' world today by giving me a bit of your time & knowledge. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
All manufacturers are going to be similar... probably regional, but growing up I don't remember many people putting lots of lifts and whatnot on new vehicles, instead they bought used stuff and built them up, because they were going to beat them up of road and didn't want to beat up a new vehicle...probably an NW Ohio thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
All manufacturers are going to be similar... probably regional, but growing up I don't remember many people putting lots of lifts and whatnot on new vehicles, instead they bought used stuff and built them up, because they were going to beat them up of road and didn't want to beat up a new vehicle...probably an NW Ohio thing.
Definitely a regional thing, even within OH. Western OH is its own special place.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the 589 level on my ‘18 ZR2 and took it straight to the dealership I bought it from for the alignment. Only question they asked was if my tires were below a certain size because their equipment could handle anything bigger than a 35”. The service manager took pics and said he wished GM would build them factory leveled. As others stated, I believe it is based on your dealership as too voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
310 Posts
And I just lost some respect for the GM brands...
Why?

I put the 589 level on my ‘18 ZR2 and took it straight to the dealership I bought it from for the alignment. Only question they asked was if my tires were below a certain size because their equipment could handle anything bigger than a 35”. The service manager took pics and said he wished GM would build them factory leveled. As others stated, I believe it is based on your dealership as too voiding the warranty.
Um, no, it is a truck and should never sit level unless there is a load in the bed or on the hitch otherwise it sags. When they actually sit level they appear nose high in many cases when looking at them anyways with how large the front ends are these days...

Anyone that has a warranty on a level it is from the dealer/installer, not GM. There are many documents out there from GM stating to check for modifications prior to warranty work, as they should. You have to pay to play, GM shouldn't have to pay for something because the owner didn't like how it was designed from the factory. Also the under 5" lift thing is just laughable and not true.

Tyler

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone that has a warranty on a level it is from the dealer/installer, not GM. There are many documents out there from GM stating to check for modifications prior to warranty work, as they should. You have to pay to play, GM shouldn't have to pay for something because the owner didn't like how it was designed from the factory. Also the under 5" lift thing is just laughable and not true.

Tyler
I'm not so sure about that. I just took delivery of my long anticipated Bison and the dealer added the GMPP front lift kit into the price and they are installing it when it comes in. According to them ANY GM part added to the truck is warrantied by GM at any dealership.

Also, I was told they generally only question lifts over 4 inches anyway.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Why?

Um, no, it is a truck and should never sit level unless there is a load in the bed or on the hitch otherwise it sags. When they actually sit level they appear nose high in many cases when looking at them anyways with how large the front ends are these days...

Tyler
I am going to have to simply disagree with you...
The factory rake on these trucks makes them look like ****, if I wanted the jacked up rear end look I would have bought a 60s-70s American muscle car...

My dealer has absolutely ZERO issues with the level on my truck, although they are one of the dealers that sell new vehicles with 4-6” lift kits installed pre-sale. The sales manager let my father video record his answer when I asked about the leveling kit before I signed the paperwork.
And since I am at 56K miles now it is a moot point anyway...unless you beat your truck to death more than I have, a 2” level will not cause any issues in the first place.

Reactions: MV10

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am going to have to simply disagree with you...
The factory rake on these trucks makes them look like ****, if I wanted the jacked up rear end look I would have bought a 60s-70s American muscle car...

My dealer has absolutely ZERO issues with the level on my truck, although they are one of the dealers that sell new vehicles with 4-6” lift kits installed pre-sale. The sales manager let my father video record his answer when I asked about the leveling kit before I signed the paperwork.
And since I am at 56K miles now it is a moot point anyway...unless you beat your truck to death more than I have, a 2” level will not cause any issues in the first place.
As an added bonus, now your truck looks really stupid when you actually use it as a truck and haul / tow anything. So that is definitely a win for you. Totally cool because if you had any use for a truck, you would understand why they have a factory rake rather than turning it into a dune buggy.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
As an added bonus, now your truck looks really stupid when you actually use it as a truck and haul / tow anything. So that is definitely a win for you. Totally cool because if you had any use for a truck, you would understand why they have a factory rake rather than turning it into a dune buggy.

-Michael
Hmm...

I haul 2 dirt bikes and all the gear I need for the desert in the bed...
OR
I haul a 20 foot flatbed trailer with a 900 RZR (dune buggy), 2 dirt bikes, gear, firewood and coolers...

If I need to haul a load of bricks...I borrow one of my dad’s service trucks...

The stink bug look does not look tuff or cool...it looks, well, stupid.

I am good but thanks for the concern...you do you, I’ll do me...

Reactions: MV10
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.