Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to install the after market LED pods in where the factory fog lights fit? I don't have any now and was looking for a cheap alternative way to get fog lights

·
Registered
157 Posts
They make the fog light surrounds that accommodate the square pods. Just Google Colorado/Canyon Led fog light pods. They'll be several come up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Baja designs Squadron fog light kit. Plug and play, and they come with mounting plates to fit and fil the OEM cutout in the bumper. I recommend a pair of squadron sport in amber wide cornering configuration.

They have the SAE approved kit here: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/GM-Chevy-GMC-HD-Canyon-Colorado-15-19-SAE-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp
or you can get just the mounting plates and then pick your own version of Squadron series lights to use: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/GM-Chevy-GMC-HD-Canyon-Colorado-15-19-Fog-Pocket-Kit.asp

·
Registered
167 Posts
Let me be the first to tell you, don't skimp on lights. Buy once, cry once because you will likely upgrade after buying cheap. Cheap LED pods are notorious for having very weak ouput and even fading over time.

I'm another advocate for Baja Designs. The SAE Squadron pods are street legal and produce over double the light output of your factory headlights. If you don't care about being street legal, the Pros put out over 4x the power.

You just missed all the deals and rebates though...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess I don't believe in name brand as much as I do seller reputation. My 20" led light bar on my Canyon is 10+ years old. Second....no....third truck it's been on. My 50" on my F-150 is 20+ years old. Both ebay, both less than $50, both perfect! I have two motorcycles with two led pods on the highway bars, both less than $20 and both perfect. My rear pods on my Canyon are from Tractor supply. I paid more for them, but they were an impulse buy because of the blue trim inserts that matched my truck (sucker)! Any product by any name is a gamble. Especially mail order. Find a reputable seller and go for it.

·
Site Sponsor
218 Posts
Has anyone come up with a way to install the after market LED pods in where the factory fog lights fit? I don't have any now and was looking for a cheap alternative way to get fog lights
We do have a Plug and Play, LED Fog Pocket Kit for the Colorado/Canyon!
Click Here

This will mount our Squadron into the factory fog location and plug directly into the factory wiring. Don't have factory fog light wiring? Here is the harness for you:

Comment below with any questions!

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got the Zroadz plates. Easy to install with the provided instructions. As others have said, buy a good light. You'l just end up replacing them otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the Zroadz plates. Easy to install with the provided instructions. As others have said, buy a good light. You'l just end up replacing them otherwise.

View attachment 383468
That’s a nice aggressive look. Did you have no fogs from factory? Wondering if any other parts besides wiring harness and switch will be needed or can I just pop out the filler plate pop that in and run a wire harness and switch?

The Baja kit is super sweet but out of range on what I would be willing to pay since my truck is mostly a work truck and not a Baja monster:)

thanks for the pics everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 383468
I was looking at these myself. Was hoping I would find somebody that already has them to tell me results. What do you think of them? Are they decent enough?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts