Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading just about every thread here, most of the LEDs most recommended aren't available in Canada. Amazon won't ship. Is there something equivalent to the Hikari's (DRL friendly no decoders etc. ) that might be available on Amazon.ca? I'm just trying to find something that will work the first time without being the guinea pig. I try to avoid ordering from the US as it doesn't make sense most of the time due to exchange rate, duties and shipping. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same issue as you. I almost ended up buying psyclops leds before I realized they were only sold as singles because they are an motorcycle and off-road company. Would have been almost 200$ Canadian.
Ended up taking my friends recommendation. CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - 9006 -7,200Lm 60W 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty
Super bright on his reflector housings but it reamainains to be seen how they are on the canyon projectors.
They look like descent quality rather similar to the opt7 without the fancy coloring. Won't be installing them for a couple weeks but will let you know how they are. About 55$ can shipped. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well reporting back on these bulbs.

Pros- they fit perfectly without modifying the dust covers. The igniters fit inside the housing with the extra wiring. The color matches the running light strips exactly. The cutoff matches the halogens within an inch. They are very bright. They operate normally with DRL and no added capacitors.

Cons. The plugs aren't tight (they should click on and not move) but they are able to go in and out a mm or so as the locking tab is too small. The actual light output just isn't very good. I think it has more to do with light distribution then actual brightness. It seems like foreword light on the road is almost non existent past 10-15 ft. And more light is being shone towards the ditches. The cutoff being so perfect definitely gives a false sense of light output. To put it into perspective if I turn my fog lights on it covers same light on the road. Vehicles with halogen lights behind me are casting shadows of my truck in my headlight beam (not if dogs are on)

I will be removing these and getting hids eventually.

I can't see any leds that use this style (two horizontal leds) being much better. And i had my doubts going in. It makes sense. They work on the premise of equal light output in all directions and you basically remove 6 axis of light (especially foreword) and expect them to work as well. The shadow effect is an expected result.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the feedback. I did end up ordering a different set of lights (can't remember which ones atm), but they should be in shortly, so will report on mine when they arrive.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, the ones I ordered finally came in. They initially sent the wrong ones. While the beam pattern is great, the output sucks. A shopping I will go again..

Don't get these ones!
[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/AutoCare-Headlight-Bulbs-Cars-Conversion/dp/B073JBLMK1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512693784&sr=8-1&keywords=led+h11+s7[/ame]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.