Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
They are VERY bright. While driving, it lights up a considerable amount of the road. I have no comparison b/c I've never owned any other GM twin, but I really really like em.
That’s awesome. Wonder if there will be a way to retrofit them I to older modes somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Finally put her under the knife and installed my projector assemblies with HID retrofits.

Going for a spin when its dark in about an hour to really see whats up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to chip in to the collective knowledge base:

I tried the Sealight package here:
I returned them as they were not much better than the stock halogens. They were not bright and did not light up the road at all. Aiming and cutoff was the same as the halogens.

Next up were the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0.
I found these output a much better light pattern and brightness and I can see better and further than the stock halogens and much better than the Sealights.

As it always seems with LED headlights, your mileage (brightness/output/pattern) may vary :)

I will see how well the Morimotos hold up but so far so good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody who installed Sealights have issues with DRL flicker? I purchased the low/high beam 4 bulb kit, but won’t have time to install them until the weekend. Just curious if anybody had firsthand knowledge on the DRL flicker issue. I’d assume by this time bulb companies have built in protections for that.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Anybody who installed Sealights have issues with DRL flicker? I purchased the low/high beam 4 bulb kit, but won’t have time to install them until the weekend. Just curious if anybody had firsthand knowledge on the DRL flicker issue. I’d assume by this time bulb companies have built in protections for that.
I had flicker with a set of sealights drl and low beam. Returned them right away... hid or nothing baby!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4
63 Posts
I have the lights, no flicker. Bought the kit with all 4 bulbs. The light output is maybe 10% better than stock, but it was worth the price for a better color. If you want much better output you gotta pay good money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody with LED headlights/fogs, dome lights, tag lights, etc have anything go wrong with the BCM? I’ve read through this entire thread and saw it mentioned once way back. I’ve read that many have installed them throughout the truck and haven’t had any issues, but curious if this could just be a ticking time bomb. Yes I know the majority of issues are with the turn signals, but i am solely referring to the interior, tag and headlights/fogs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anybody with LED headlights/fogs, dome lights, tag lights, etc have anything go wrong with the BCM? I’ve read through this entire thread and saw it mentioned once way back. I’ve read that many have installed them throughout the truck and haven’t had any issues, but curious if this could just be a ticking time bomb. Yes I know the majority of issues are with the turn signals, but i am solely referring to the interior, tag and headlights/fogs.

I've got DD lows, highs and fogs for the last 6 months. The only thing I have noticed is much better light in dark and crappy conditions.:cool:

Reactions: cjerm22

·
Registered
880 Posts

I have led interior lighting in the domes and visors but have refrained from using them throughout the rest of the truck out worry for the ecu. Just more work to make them draw the proper voltage.. maybe somebody else will chime in. There is an inline whatchumacallit for turn signals and stuff... Im too tired to look up the specifics right now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
+1
Same here... I have LED interior lights, headlights and backup lights in my 2017 Colorado LT since it was a week old. Going on 4 years now and no issues.
Also have had LED in our other two vehicles since 2015 and no issues with them either.

There are issues with LEDs in some vehicles in some locations like the backup lights draining a battery because the BCM remains "awake" when the vehicle is not running.
And. . .. using LEDs for turn signals and having to add resistors to "fool" the BCM that regular bulbs are in use have been problems. I've refrained from doing turn signal and brake lights mainly because I don't see the sense of it. The DOT supplied factory lights in those positions work fine .

Using aftermarket turn signal LEDs is something I don't see as an improvement like headlights and interior lights for better illumination .

Reactions: mpack and cjerm22
1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts