Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1001 - 1020 of 1021 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I really see no need for the extended covers. But that's just me. Seemed like they had enough room. The benebolts are much brighter and wider than the OPT7 I had in there.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I really see no need for the extended covers. But that's just me. Seemed like they had enough room. The benebolts are much brighter and wider than the OPT7 I had in there.
Yea I agree. When I installed the Benebolts in my truck there was plenty of clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts
Just wondering which bulbs you ended up going with and if you used the stock dust covers?
Went with the sealights linked above through amazon.ca
They fit with the stock covers but I will still probably extend them once I get the pieces.
Deciding what route I want to go for the high beams now

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Just a heads up / / / / . . even if an LED bulb "fits" with the stock GM dust cover. . . . using an extension for the dust cover is best.
Many have not. . then complain later because the bulb did not last. Better to allow more air around the rear of the LED bulb for cooling than cram the dust cover on with little space behind the all important cooling parts of the LED bulb.

Remember - - - a halogen stock bulb and even HID bulbs get hot in front where they light up.
LED bulbs dissipate heat at the rear of the bulb.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went with the sealights linked above through amazon.ca
They fit with the stock covers but I will still probably extend them once I get the pieces.
Deciding what route I want to go for the high beams now
Thank You

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick Question
Which Sealights do you recommend for low and high (and fog) to keep light consistent
Thank You
These are the ones I used. Huge improvement over halogen. I do have project low beams (Z71) and the cutoff is great.

I used these for the fogs, and they're adequate, but not spectacular.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sealights look great too. H11 & 9005. Any install issues?

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is my video on the Benebolt LED's
Thank you for Fondupot for the great review. A great job, clear, and high quality.

Hello GraniteBlue05,
We have been using it in my 16 GMC Canyon since January and they are still running strong.
Our Ultimate Series bulbs comes with a 1 Year Warranty.
Cheers.

Just ordered some Benebolts today!!! Thx for the write up and review fondupot!!!

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4
12 Posts
Another recommedation for the Sealights. Got the 4 bulb kit off Amazon on a good sale ($56 for all 4), and it replaces both lows and both highs. No cooling fan to worry about, so clearance isnt an issue, and quality was great. Color matches the LED's in the fogs on the 2021s. Light output is definitely better, just not as good as say the GTR's or something, but it's definitely better. Love em, 9/10 recommend, especially if you can get em on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/SEALIGHT-Headlight-Bulbs-Package-6000LM/dp/B07K438ZQD

Made a short video on em if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Another recommedation for the Sealights. Got the 4 bulb kit off Amazon on a good sale ($56 for all 4), and it replaces both lows and both highs. No cooling fan to worry about, so clearance isnt an issue, and quality was great. Color matches the LED's in the fogs on the 2021s. Light output is definitely better, just not as good as say the GTR's or something, but it's definitely better. Love em, 9/10 recommend, especially if you can get em on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/SEALIGHT-Headlight-Bulbs-Package-6000LM/dp/B07K438ZQD

Made a short video on em if anyone is interested.

Nice job. Unrelated question. How is the output from the new LED fog lights on the 2021 canyons?

·
Registered
2020 Colorado ZR2
5 Posts
I was already looking at the Benebolts but Fondupot's video review pushed me over the edge, that and I could get them from Amazon so if I didn't like them I could return them.

Let me just say that as I was installing them and testing them around 4 or 5, still plenty of day light and parked about 6' from my house, I was thinking it was a good idea as my stock headlights couldn't be seen on my garage door but from the first one, regular headlight, and I saw how much they were shining on the door.

Then when I first used them that night I was very glad I did it. To me they are what should have been installed by GM. Light everything up and can see clearly but the regular headlights aren't so bright that I get high beams flashed at me from oncoming traffic. And the high beams, WOW! I was already looking at aftermarket light bars and A pillar lights expecting to have to get them when high beams can be used. They also work the way I would expect OEM headlights to work. Better than my wife's Honda Minivan and way better than my '15 Jeep with JW Speakers as well as my '17 Jeep Recon with OEM LEDs.

There are a lot of lights out there, and we all have what we expect from the aftermarket. I just want to say that only early failure will change my opinion of the Benebolts, and even that is dependent of why I think they may have failed. And stated again, the regular head lights, or low beams are exactly what I expected would be from the factory and the high beams are so much better than I expected from a modern car which are worth the effort of turning on, but like the cars from the 70's and 80's from a pattern and improvement of vision, but the the fantastic modern brightness that LEDs can give.

·
Registered
2021 Canyon AT4
12 Posts
Nice job. Unrelated question. How is the output from the new LED fog lights on the 2021 canyons?
They are VERY bright. While driving, it lights up a considerable amount of the road. I have no comparison b/c I've never owned any other GM twin, but I really really like em.

1001 - 1020 of 1021 Posts