Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

981 - 1000 of 1021 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
My Supernova's fit right in the sockets and under dust covers on both hi and low's with no issues..

·
Registered
‘20 ZR2
19 Posts
No trouble putting the bulbs in with the S.V-4 LEDs. Invented new swear words putting on dust covers, though. The LEDs fit under the covers. Have never found any easy tricks for putting those stupid dust covers on.
I had issues with the passenger dust cover lining up & got annoyed with the rubber seal falling off...

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Whats the most efficient solution to better lights? Meaning to replace or improve the stock 2020 Z71 system.

the most cost efficient is to do the H9 Low and 9011 high beam bulb swap

your headlights will seem twice s bright, you do have to trim a tab which takes 2 minutes, maybe

there is a coupple videos on how to

only reason I went to LED's is I installed aftermarket headlights and the type of bulbs was not very bright, other wise I would not have spend money on the LED's as the h9/9011 are so much better then stock

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado V6 Z71 Crew Cab Long Box
24 Posts
I ended up installing the Sylvania ZXE xenon filled halogen bulbs. They are the brightest halogen bulb that sylvania makes. After installing them on both the high beams and the low beams I took it for a test drive at night and man what a difference. They were plug and play so
they were easy to install. They are also guaranteed for 1 year from purchase, so if they go out i will just take them back to advanced auto. Overall I am very happy with them for down the road vision. The only downfall is I don't expect to get much more then a year out of them before I have to replace them.
I put them in my 1st gen for all the bulbs and man are they bright I’m about to put them in my 2017 this week

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Black, factory steps and rollup tonneau, pop and lock tailgate lock, S-V4 LEDs
36 Posts
I put them in my 1st gen for all the bulbs and man are they bright I’m about to put them in my 2017 this week
That's the thing with high performance halogens. They last 200 hrs or so. A quality set of LEDs are also plug and play. I never had to trim any tabs or screwheads with my S.V-4s. They will likely outlast the vehicle and are bright with a fantastic beam pattern.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Black, factory steps and rollup tonneau, pop and lock tailgate lock, S-V4 LEDs
36 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your high beams? I want to see what the beam pattern looks like, if you don’t mind taking some at night against a wall.
I tried taking pictures before but they don't turn out well. Really bright. Video on the Headlight Revolution website are better. I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I tried taking pictures before but they don't turn out well. Really bright. Video on the Headlight Revolution website are better. I guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.
if you can believe those are actually the bulbs they say they are and that the videos is not enhanced..

Reactions: CaliColorado909

·
Registered
73 Posts
Okay got me S.V-4s in today and took a quick pick in the shade and they look pretty good so far but I’ll be at work at 2am tomorrow so I’ll try and takes some pics then and compare them. So far they seem of a much higher quality then my Morimoto 2 strokes I had before.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts
A general question for anyone whose bought recently, but more so for Canadian buyers, wheres the best place to pick up LED bulbs these times?
With the covid shipping delays and our dollar im ooking for a fair price on a good bulb that will make it here before winter. Between a $250 pair of bulbs and $380 for the DRL relocate it's getting dumb

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
A general question for anyone whose bought recently, but more so for Canadian buyers, wheres the best place to pick up LED bulbs these times?
With the covid shipping delays and our dollar im ooking for a fair price on a good bulb that will make it here before winter. Between a $250 pair of bulbs and $380 for the DRL relocate it's getting dumb
These: - - -

SEALIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulb, Ultra-thin, 360-degree Illumination, with Cooling Fan, 6000K Daylight Effect, 200% Brightness, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Reactions: Frosty19

·
Registered
658 Posts
The bene bolts look interesting. No issues or otherwise? Plug & play?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The bene bolts look interesting. No issues or otherwise? Plug & play?
I think the Benebolts are ok. Plug and play although I would recommend extended dust covers as I do for any LED bulb. More air circulation for best bulb life.

I read of so many owners who install LED headlight bulbs saying . . . .
" And it fits behind the stock dust covers " . . . . more like jammed in.

Then, 3 months later they are back claiming the bulbs didn't last because the bulbs cooked or. . . worse yet. .. . the guy left the dust covers off.
Some get away with it. . . some not.

But the member above is in Canada. The Benebolt H11 bulbs are +$190 on Amazon.ca and not available for 1 to 3 weeks. Contrasted $59.99 and In Stock at Amazon.US.

For him. .. . the Sealight H11 bulb I posted are decent quality, available and only $51 Canadian as of this writing.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 (V6)
3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Thanks for the link. Hoping to pull the trigger on these this week when I order some interior LEDs through amazon.
Do you happen to have a link to extending the dust covers? May be something I can knock out while waiting for shipping
Yes. . here is a link. . . page through the thread though as some pictures are missing, but many duplicates and others some have posted.
Basically, you can either buy a black plastic drain cap that some building supply stores have, cut off about 3/8" off the top of the stock dust cover and glue on the plastic drain cap with Goop automotive adhesive or some have used an automotive Gorilla glue. It has to be fairly thick to stay in place while curing.

If you do use the 3" Drain Cap to make a dust cover extension, I suggest taking a factory dust cover with you to check actual fit over the GM Dust Cover .

OR- - - - you can buy another pair of GM factory dust covers and glue one on top of the original that had the top cut off.

LINK: - - - LED/HID Head Light Dust Cover Extension Mod for GM...

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
22 Posts
Yes. . here is a link. . . page through the thread though as some pictures are missing, but many duplicates and others some have posted.
Basically, you can either buy a black plastic drain cap that some building supply stores have, cut off about 3/8" off the top of the stock dust cover and glue on the plastic drain cap with Goop automotive adhesive or some have used an automotive Gorilla glue. It has to be fairly thick to stay in place while curing.

If you do use the 3" Drain Cap to make a dust cover extension, I suggest taking a factory dust cover with you to check actual fit over the GM Dust Cover .

OR- - - - you can buy another pair of GM factory dust covers and glue one on top of the original that had the top cut off.

LINK: - - - LED/HID Head Light Dust Cover Extension Mod for GM...

View attachment 395319

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395315 View attachment 395316 View attachment 395317 View attachment 395318

Thanks again. I ordered the bulbs just now and will be swinging by a Home Depot etc tomorrow to try to find a 3" cap thatll work. If not I have to swing by a GM dealership to pick up my warrantied shock so will check in on the cap price there.

981 - 1000 of 1021 Posts