Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

961 - 980 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Curious. . . . as an avid LED bulb fanatic here. .. .. what made you decide to try the Benebolt bulbs?

They seem relatively unknown. I've done the same in the past with Sealight and Simdivanma.
I did like hearing that the Benebolt looked a bit warmer. Do you still have any other H11 bulbs to actually compare color temperature?
Benebolt reached out to me and asked me to do a review. The owner actually drives a GMC Canyon, so he probably found my channel from the forums, or just from my presence on YouTube.

I don't have any other bulbs to compare to at the moment. But my eyes are extremely sensitive to headlight color temperatures. Anything over 6000k I feel like my eyes can't see at night very well because of the blue in the spectrum. Which is why I was skeptical of the Benebolts at first because they are listed as 6500K. Low and behold, I was pleasantly surprised.

These Benebolts seemed more like 5500K, IMHO. Which I think is just about right for headlights. I had an HID retrofit setup on my 2017 Colorado (RIP) and that was with 5000K HID bulbs. I would say these Benebolts are on par with that setup in terms of brightness and color. But the ease of installing LED's over a full HID setup, is so much better.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Thanks for the review ! I may order a set. Keep us posted on how these hold up, etc.

Reactions: fondupot

·
Registered
2016 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Quick Silver Metallic
3 Posts
Thanks for the review ! I may order a set. Keep us posted on how these hold up, etc.
Thank you for Fondupot for the great review. A great job, clear, and high quality.

Hello GraniteBlue05,
We have been using it in my 16 GMC Canyon since January and they are still running strong.
Our Ultimate Series bulbs comes with a 1 Year Warranty.
Cheers.

Reactions: fondupot

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is a $20 off deal on Amazon right now on the H11 size. I ordered the 9005s after watching the above video and was so impressed I ordered the H11s to replace the GTR Ultra 2s I bought back in December. The GTRs are too blue for my taste and if these are as good as I hope they are I'll probably be making someone a good deal on the GTR set.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
There is a $20 off deal on Amazon right now on the H11 size. I ordered the 9005s after watching the above video and was so impressed I ordered the H11s to replace the GTR Ultra 2s I bought back in December. The GTRs are too blue for my taste and if these are as good as I hope they are I'll probably be making someone a good deal on the GTR set.

Awesome. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm curious how these benebolts compare in reality to the sealight s3 ( the other popular budget choice)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

I'm seeing 20% off. . . not $20. And the price went up from $59.99 just a few days ago with 7% off now up to $79.99. And the price and % off has changed several times over the past 2 weeks or so. I don;t see any reviews on amazon yet either.
No offense. . but price shifting and varying % off makes me wary.
The final price has bounced around from about $45 to now $63.99.
Any bottom line pricing for forum members? 😃

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm seeing 20% off. . . not $20. And the price went up from $59.99 just a few days ago with 7% off now up to $79.99. And the price and % off has changed several times over the past 2 weeks or so. I don;t see any reviews on amazon yet either.
No offense. . but price shifting and varying % off makes me wary.
The final price has bounced around from about $45 to now $63.99.
Any bottom line pricing for forum members? 😃
Good day,

Refer to the website price, it won't be higher than the website price. It is just promotions on Amazon that is why you see the price changes.

We are offering a lower price currently to be very, very competitive for ones that are in this segment and this price is for now as new products promotion.

If you are worried about reviews. Mark my words, if you try them on and you don't like them, Within 30 days, I will give you a Full Refund. That is how confident I am in our Ultimate series.

On top of that, we have a full year warranty with each bulb sold. Email our support team, if I see it, I will make sure you are looked after.

We work harder to stay.

Reactions: compta

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I'm curious how these benebolts compare in reality to the sealight s3 ( the other popular budget choice)
So what's the difference between the pro and ultimate?
The Pro Series is a different type of LED light bulb.
They use slightly less bright LED CSP chips, uses a regular fan, and have a copper substrate to dissipate heat. The exterior is also aluminum but it doesn't have an adjustable collar. They are an all in one type of design with an external driver.
Power is around 30W per bulb.
I would say they are around 30% less bright in comparison to the Ultimate Series.
Color temperature is 6k White

The Ultimate series has a locking collar. Even collars there are gravity resistant and click locking mechanisms. This one is fully locking with an Allen key which is provided. I tested some with a click locking collar but it came loose and fell into the engine bay. The Ultimate Series one won't as long as you remember to secure it if you need to adjust it. It takes 30 seconds, but several of us did not need to adjust it, but if you do, you can align the chips to point the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position for the perfect beam pattern.
Also, they have a copper conduction system which also helps dissipates heat even faster.

The fan is a Dual Ball Bearing Fan. It has been improved to be 6mm wider than a previous generation. That said, it is easier to install, and is small enough to fit the Canyon's Colorados with space to tuck away the external driver.

Power is 45W per bulb.
Like Fondupot said in the review, it appears to be around 5500 - 5700 in real life, no blue tint.

If you have never installed it before, it may take around 30 minutes to install, fortunately, the Canyon/Colorado doesn't need to remove airboxes and such to access the bulbs. After you know where everything is, it literally can take around 15 minutes to swap out.

Some vehicles need an external decoder (which we also sell) if there are signs that is isn't getting along well with the system. My canyon was already compatible with the Pro and Ultimate Series without needing my external decoders. We did test the Pro series on a 14 Silverado, that one required an external decoder, and the decoder did fix that error.

That should cover most of it, if there are any details missing, it should be on our website which is best because it contains the most up to date information about the different products, prices, and new promotions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks , I run sealight s3 right now and will consider benebolts when the time comes to replace them

·
Registered
91 Posts
Led bulbs pretty much are like any other electronics you get what you pay for, that’s for the most part their are exceptions. I ordered the S-V.4 LED Bulbs H11 from headlight revolution and will be replacing the high beams with regular halogen bulbs as in my experience anytime you put an led in a reflector housing on a Colorado it’s just a waste of light. It’s not focused like it should be and is just bright for the sake of it. I rather have throw and clean beam pattern then washed out bright lights that aren’t useful. IMO

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Led bulbs pretty much are like any other electronics you get what you pay for, that’s for the most part their are exceptions. I ordered the S-V.4 LED Bulbs H11 from headlight revolution and will be replacing the high beams with regular halogen bulbs as in my experience anytime you put an led in a reflector housing on a Colorado it’s just a waste of light. It’s not focused like it should be and is just bright for the sake of it. I rather have throw and clean beam pattern then washed out bright lights that aren’t useful. IMO
per several videos I have seen, some say the LED's work better in reflector's compare to projectors.
Hope you have good luck with the HR branded LED's

Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the new Morimotos in my 17 with reflectors, there are brighter lights out there but I to believe you get what you pay for. One thing I would say is the fans are a bit loud but I'd rather that than failed bulbs due to heat failure

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Black, factory steps and rollup tonneau, pop and lock tailgate lock, S-V4 LEDs
38 Posts
I have S.V-4 LEDs in both low and high beams. I found the stock high beams scary bad. The S.V-4 highs are vastly better and very focused.

·
Registered
‘20 ZR2
19 Posts
I have S.V-4 LEDs in both low and high beams. I found the stock high beams scary bad. The S.V-4 highs are vastly better and very focused.
did you have any issues installing the high beams? I’ve read a few posts about a bolt head they gets in the way? I did the GTR Ultra 2’s in the low beam and looking at the S v4 for the high beam.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71 Black, factory steps and rollup tonneau, pop and lock tailgate lock, S-V4 LEDs
38 Posts
did you have any issues installing the high beams? I’ve read a few posts about a bolt head they gets in the way? I did the GTR Ultra 2’s in the low beam and looking at the S v4 for the high beam.
No trouble putting the bulbs in with the S.V-4 LEDs. Invented new swear words putting on dust covers, though. The LEDs fit under the covers. Have never found any easy tricks for putting those stupid dust covers on.

961 - 980 of 1031 Posts