Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being off work from back surgery, my truck doesn't get the road time it should.

I've noticed, if it sits for more than a week, I get the strobe effect in my LED DRL's. The truck still starts and everything normally, but I believe the battery isn't charged to the optimum level.

In my opinion, I could be wrong(I'm not an electrician), but I believe it could be the voltage variance from the battery not being at optimum levels causing the strobe issue since after some road time and the battery charging back up, the strobe effect goes away and stays away until the truck sits for more than a week.

Anyone else notice this?

FYI... I'm running DD Switchbacks and the Geb5DIY harness wity no problems for the first 3 months and the strobing effect only reared it's ugly head after my surgery when the truck was not being driven regularly.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Being off work from back surgery, my truck doesn't get the road time it should.

I've noticed, if it sits for more than a week, I get the strobe effect in my LED DRL's. The truck still starts and everything normally, but I believe the battery isn't charged to the optimum level.

In my opinion, I could be wrong(I'm not an electrician), but I believe it could be the voltage variance from the battery not being at optimum levels causing the strobe issue since after some road time and the battery charging back up, the strobe effect goes away and stays away until the truck sits for more than a week.

Anyone else notice this?
The DRL's are a PWM signal, so it sounds like that whatever anti-flicker capacitor you have built in-line fully discharges its charge fully from sitting a long time, causing the flicker to occur until the capacitor gets recharged.

EDIT: NVMND, your added info changes that scenario.

·
Registered
850 Posts
These are the lights Gen5 recommends to stop the strobing I had this happened too and tried different lights

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.