Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Leaking Windshield Washer Bottle

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2017Z71 
#1 ·
Did not find a post related to a leaking windshield washer bottle but I have one on my 2017. I refilled the bottle last month when I checked the oil level and noticed a large wet spot on the ground under the truck afterwards. I popped the hood and did not see any wet spots, and was not sure where the A/C lines were for the condenser. It was very hot and humid and I was thinking something frosted up and melted. It was dry the next day and never saw anything since. Changed my oil the other day and the washer bottle was a couple of inches from the top so I topped it off. Short while later, I had a wet spot under the truck again. Could not see a wet spot under the hood but I finally noticed a roughness in the plastic bottle at the left front corner facing a metal edge. Squeezed a finger back behind it and it was wet. It does not appear to be rubbing but it could have been damaged during the install. Luckily I still have almost 5 months of warranty left.

#2 ·
I believe you are the first with that problem, but the warranty should cover it. If that is the only problem you ever have, consider yourself lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.