Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nevermind! I see via the search function this is a common problem!,,

After driving through some rain last week with no leakng, I thought I had fixed it. A trip through the high-pressure, no-touch car wash today showed me otherwise. I hope this new gasket (home made) cures the leak. Anyone else have this issue? Mines a recently purchased 2015.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
It was a more common problem on the 1st Gens but, yes....it has happened on a number of peoples trucks here.

As for your fix, I would have made the left-to-right tape go the entire length....you have a slight gap there which may still produce a little seepage.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
A lot of people have gone to silicone and no more problems. The gaskets are not good at all. This have been a sure fix on both generation trucks.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Yea, it should be covered under warranty but, the OPs sig shows he has a 2015 so, Im not sure they would cover it any longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New LED's installed and the third brake light is "glued in place" with silicone. While I had it out I Blacked-out the portions that do not provide any light. If this doesn't stop the leak I think I'll remove it and weld a plate over the hole😆👍

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Took mine off to install a LED bulb and never leaked...maybe it's the earlier trucks..??

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
25 Posts
I replaced my 3rd brake light with an aftermarket LED and had no problem for weeks, until one day I parked on an incline in my driveway and a lot of rain leaked in to the headliner. I removed the light and used a good amount of silicone over the lights gasket and have not had anymore issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts