Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

421 - 423 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got a 16' with approx. 30k and have noticed some sluggishness and odd shudders here and there. I was my understanding that this issue was more on the 8-speed trans. Has anyone else with earlier trucks had issues?
The 14-16 have had "chuggle" issues, mostly resolved with a TSB requiring dealer to reprogram the computer, theres a big thread on here, it should be easy to find

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too had the infamous shudder but I think GM finally has the fix.

History to show my bona fides: Owned 6 months then first sign of shudder. Flushed with new fluid. Drove for 2 months waiting for shudder to go away - no improvement. Back to shop, replaced torque converter and latest fluid. Worked fine for about a year, then shudder returned. Back to the shop. Went straight to Service Manager bypassing desk adviser because I was pissed at having to do this again.

Service Manager didn't insist on a diagnostic drive (the GM TSB only requires customer complaint, but I've heard that many dealerships require the diagnostic drive with a technician). Service Manager's first comment was "I know you've heard this before, but we really do have the fix now". He told me the fluid introduced in early 2019 really has addressed the issue. He said they have done the procedure on "several dozen" and it has worked for each one.

Six weeks now and the transmission is better than it has ever been. No shudders at all. The "hard shift" from first gear to second gear when engine is cold is greatly improved.

I have gone from being entirely frustrated with the truck to very happy with it again.

421 - 423 of 423 Posts