Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

261 - 280 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m being told that it depends on where the vehicle is built. I have the printed update in front of me. It says vehicles involved ( in current inventory) are marked “open” in GM global warranty management system. Again, mine doesn’t show up.
Also the correction: “dealers are to drain the old transmission fluid and refill with new fluid.” No mention of flushing.
This is becoming very confusing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the final fix for my 2019 V-6 Colorado tranny issues last Friday. I did a lemon law on the POS and GM bought the truck back. Give it up guy's there is no fix for the tranny problems. They did 3 flushes and a torque converter on mine and it didn't change a thing. The GM at the dealer told me they have done a LOT of buybacks on Colorado's. I took my refund check and went straight over and bought a new Ram Classic 1500 Warlock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had the flush, all was well until it wasn't. Yep, the shudder came back. Dealership ordered a new Torque Converter and will install next Wednesday. Lucky me! I hope the TC fixes it because I otherwise really like this truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my 2017 Colorado back from the dealer yesterday after a trans flush and so far so good. We'll see what a couple hundred miles does.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got the final fix for my 2019 V-6 Colorado tranny issues last Friday. I did a lemon law on the POS and GM bought the truck back. Give it up guy's there is no fix for the tranny problems. They did 3 flushes and a torque converter on mine and it didn't change a thing. The GM at the dealer told me they have done a LOT of buybacks on Colorado's. I took my refund check and went straight over and bought a new Ram Classic 1500 Warlock.
A "Warlock"??

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I’m being told that it depends on where the vehicle is built. I have the printed update in front of me. It says vehicles involved ( in current inventory) are marked “open” in GM global warranty management system. Again, mine doesn’t show up.
Also the correction: “dealers are to drain the old transmission fluid and refill with new fluid.” No mention of flushing.
This is becoming very confusing.
Nothing confusing on the flush as the TSB clearly outlines the procedure and it takes 20 quarts.

Unless you r3move the fluid from the converter it would leave too much in.

Also the labor to remove the pan is more difficult than plugging in the machine to change it.

Please do not cloud up the info more than it already is, you are new to this where most here have been tracking this for a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the final fix for my 2019 V-6 Colorado tranny issues last Friday. I did a lemon law on the POS and GM bought the truck back. Give it up guy's there is no fix for the tranny problems. They did 3 flushes and a torque converter on mine and it didn't change a thing. The GM at the dealer told me they have done a LOT of buybacks on Colorado's. I took my refund check and went straight over and bought a new Ram Classic 1500 Warlock. View attachment 379614

Sent you a PM. I am going this route and waiting on Chevrolet corporate to return the request.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I
I got the final fix for my 2019 V-6 Colorado tranny issues last Friday. I did a lemon law on the POS and GM bought the truck back. Give it up guy's there is no fix for the tranny problems. They did 3 flushes and a torque converter on mine and it didn't change a thing. The GM at the dealer told me they have done a LOT of buybacks on Colorado's. I took my refund check and went straight over and bought a new Ram Classic 1500 Warlock. View attachment 379614
I'm glad you got the buy back but not going to agree theirs no fix for this tranny problem. There seems to be more that have had the shutter stopped with the new fluid then not same as me. Will it come back? Some have but more not at this point. Doesn't mean it won't come back at a later date. Thats why after powertrain warranty I have an extended warranty. Outside of the tranny problem the Colorado/Canyons are a really good truck. I'm sure Dodge/Ford and any other brands will show up there quirks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There seems to be more that have had the shutter stopped with the new fluid then not same as me.
I too believe this to be true. My truck is going in next week to have the TC replaced but my Service Advisor, whom I've know for 13 years, said mine is the first one to come back since the new flush procedure was implemented.

That said, I will not hesitate to push a buy back if this isn't eventually resolved. Here in Georgia the state has a website with step by step instructions, form letters to use and free guidance on how to complete a buy back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2017 Canyon Shudder started at 7k new convertor, reprogram,fluid flush,then the updated fluid flush.The shudder came back after each repair. They don't know how to fix it! Now dealer is saying its normal.With the class action lawsuit filed for this exact issue im sure GM has told dealers to clam up! I just opened BBB case to buy it back. I had a 2019 Canyon for a loaner with 5k on it. It was worse than mine! Build date,updated fluid,BS. All 8 speeds have this issue. They cant fix it, they don't know how.Its a shame ,spent a lot of money to have transmission issues.Not like the radio doesn't work,or window doesn't go up or down,its the TRANSMISSION!

·
Registered
311 Posts
NOTE I have NOT gotten the flush yet as Chevy won’t pay for it. But my “driving in chatter strip” has all but disappeared however, now I’m noticing an incredibly hard shift, I’ll quickly come to a stop of some sort, and when trying to accelerate it’ll rev for a millisecond and then slam into a gear, and I’ve lost almost 2 mpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lets look into mating fords 10 speed to our engines. Lol
Don’t they have a huge lawsuit because of misclaimed epa rating ? Lol and I believe they have a recall on this tranny’s as well, at least for the f150, not ranger that I know of, I hope this fluid is the fix, and that Ford can figure their own way, cause I like a to of things their doing too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
The Ford 10 speed was built with GM. The truck is the same transmission.

Note Ford used their own tuning and programming for their engines as GM did theirs.

We also need to consider this not all of these transmissions are in the same condition. Some have shuttered longer or harder and may have done clutch damage that has hurt the converter.

The new fluid will fix most of these but some may be too far gone to reclaim.

As to how long will this work? Time is the only way to tell. GM and Mobil I am sure did a lot of Dyno time and cycles but the real world is the real test. I am sure they also has some road testing going on too.

Fixes like these are not always fast nor easy. They take time to find and we have seen GM struggle with a remedy and not all were cheap with full replacement of the transmission or converter. Even the fluid flush runs about $650 per truck.

I believe GM May have some solid info showing this will work in most cases when they changed the fluid at the plant. The Class Action means little as they will still end up paying a settlement to make them go away and you will get a card for $200 off the next new vehicle you buy while the Lawyer goes on vacation in the tropics.

For now this is a matter of faith, time and vigilance and watching how this goes.

What we do know so far is most transmissions have reacted in a very positive way shifting better than new in most cases.

Note too some vehicle not solved with fluid may also have other issues creating the problem.

The bottom line is none of us have all the fact nor will we get them. We need to work with what we have and follow along and report here what we do know. If this remains good we will see less complaints and positive reviews. If not we will see more complaints here.

For now flush and drive and keep an eye open but don’t over think this.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
TRAITOR! ;) :D

JK, nice truck & glad your vehicle woes are over.

261 - 280 of 323 Posts
About this Discussion
322 Replies
106 Participants
GraniteBlue05
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing