Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it 30x9.5?

right now im torn between ordering a suspension lift to fit the 31x10.5's that came with my rims, or just getting some slightly smaller tires that'll fit my current setup without alot of hassle...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
just get new coils and that will be enough lift for the 31's. I ran 31's stock for a while rubbed through my upper fender but it worked.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
30x9.5 might fit. I got em to fit with only the 1" body lift. I also moved the bumper brackets in the front, so I don't know if they will rub on those.

·
Registered
99 Posts
blaine517 said:
31s will fit on stock rims with some rubbing with out lift.
For those of us unfamiliar with tires it does not provide enough info. Can any of you give tire sizes instead of just overall size? I'm interested also in what size tires fit the stock rims without major suspension change. What do 30X9.5 convert to? and what 31 tires will fit as you suggest above?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
30x9.5 is actually exactly what it looks like. 30" diameter, 9.5" wide.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blaine517 said:
31s will fit on stock rims with some rubbing with out lift.
they ran right into the bumper brackets on my truck, no way in hell id let em run like that without a lift or sumthing, because one sharp turn at high speed, n' that bracket would go right into the tread...

·
Registered
68 Posts
30x9.5 is the max size for stock z85 wheels.
30x9.5 will fit z85 suspension with no mods.

the difference between stock is less than 1.5" total.

I've got pics floating around here somewhere. Planning to add 2" of lift, doubt it'll look too awkward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I DONT HAVE ANY PICS BUT I HAD RAN 265-70-17 AND ONLY HAD
TO CUT THE CORNORS OF THE BUMPER BRACKETS
OTHER THAN THAT SOME RUBBING ON LOCK TO LOCK

·
Registered
682 Posts
ive got 30x9.5 ats on mine and they dont rub at all so you guys that are saying they fit are right... sorry to steal-a-thread and all but do you guys think i could run 32's with a 3'' body lift?... oh and superbeast, i also heard that if you run 31's on there you WILL rub but only on full lock... id say go for it but make sure you dont turn your tires too much...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm running 31's, but not on the stock wheels. I've 4 inch backspacing on my 15 inch wheels, no rubbing, no lift on the front. Z85 2wd.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine cam eon the z71 rims, which dont have that kinda backspacing...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Superbeast, so the 265 Z71 tires fit without any mod or lift? I take it you are 2wd, so if it fits yours, it should fit my 4wd.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
cigarman said:
Superbeast, so the 265 Z71 tires fit without any mod or lift? I take it you are 2wd, so if it fits yours, it should fit my 4wd.
stock Z71 wheels/tires will fit fine on a 4wd Z85 truck.

they will rub on a Z85 2wd truck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts