Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was interested for a while on lifting my truck, I think I'm better off just leaving the suspension at stock height because:
I actually like the ride of the truck;
I'm already paying a lot for a new truck;
I'm saving up to get a Camper shell with a roof rack and accessories like a cat-back exhaust and cold air intake kit;
and finally just upgrading the rotors to slotted ones with some Hawk Pads.

My question, now is, what is the biggest diameter tire you can fit on the stock suspension? I'm wanting to upgrade the wheels to a 17", and looking at the BFG Long Trail 245/70TR17. I mainly drive on paved roads with the occasional off road excursion. I'm pretty sure that my mileage will suffer some, but with the wheel I'm looking at, the new tires and wheel combo won't add much more to the stock weight.

(My truck: 2008 Canyon Crew Cab 4x4 SLE with 235/75/R15 General Tires)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
p265/70/16 on a 16x8 rim with minor rubbing on the factory mud flap. trimmed them up and all seems to be good now.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have 265/75r16s on my truck, with only slight rubbing on the front sway bar. I removed the mud flaps, but I believe they would also rub if they were in place. The sway bar rubbing is not severe, and only enough to give a slight vibration on very sharp turns (wheel at full lock), and knock the black paint off a 1/2 inch wide section of the bar. I have the front end lifted 1 3/4 inches with the tortion bars which I think is the actual cause of the sway bar rub, cause it pulls the tires in slightly with the different suspension angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts