Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew this was coming sooner or later... I've been looking for a new job since Dec. Apparently theres nothing out there, I've only had two interviews (still pending decision) but have tried everything - online, contacting employers directly, newspaper, friends and family, etc, etc - still looking though...

I even received a call today from one of those staffing companies, when I asked about the position the guy said that he was just calling to "keep me in mind" should anything become available...

Oh well! I'll have to look for whatever (meaning rest, etc) until I find something else... :cry:

·
Registered
478 Posts
agonzalez said:
Grad school... Telecommunications & Networking - Kinda useless if things continue like this...
Wow - you can actually go to school for that now?
I had to learn it OJT. They didn't offer those classes when I started in telecommunications systems.
Good luck in your search. I'll PM ya if I hear of any leads for jobs in FL.
Do you know any specific systems?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Try Lockheed Martin. They are always hiring.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kdrf636 said:
agonzalez said:
Grad school... Telecommunications & Networking - Kinda useless if things continue like this...
Wow - you can actually go to school for that now?
I had to learn it OJT. They didn't offer those classes when I started in telecommunications systems.
Good luck in your search. I'll PM ya if I hear of any leads for jobs in FL.
Do you know any specific systems?
Thanks! It is a new program I believe it is not available everywhere either, I've been mostly working on VoIP softswitches like Porta One & MERA.

rangerbob said:
Try Lockheed Martin. They are always hiring.
As far as I know theyre not here in FL. I'm stuck here for now :evil:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two weeks later... NO JOB!
I have always had luck with websites like careerbuilder, dice and monster... not this time though, a bunch of interviews but they are still in the selection process, etc...
Just one offer so far and had to decline it because the office was so freaking far from my house and pay :censored: ($14 and hour)!!
Not that I'm expecting to find something where I get paid what I was making but thats not even $30,000 a year... Oh well :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
873 Posts
They're paying upwards of 40K here in Kansas City for certified network people.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Maybe you should make the move to the bay area or silicon valley. Pretty much all the computer jobs are here, and biotech is the new rage here too. Or come here, go to school, and get an internship at Google as a java programmer. Starting is $40 an hour for an intern...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts