Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I asked once before for a comedy section but, since there is none yet.... enjoy.

WARNING....harsh language (if that somehow offends you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHWSdyekqts
ahaha love it. at first I wanted the keyless but now I'm loving the remote start in the 100 plus deg weather here. Can we have both? How about a key surgically implanted in our bodies? Maybe pull a finger to remote start? I would have that done for a small charge!!

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent used the auto start in the summer time but in the winter....its GREAT !!!:grin2:

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I havent used the auto start in the summer time but in the winter....its GREAT !!!:grin2:
yeah, our winters are mild here and I'm in the garage at night so don't really need it for winter. Summer on the other hand......Its been well over 100 here all summer so whenever I'm out during the day the truck gets cooked if I cant find shade. Gotta love the remote start just to give the AC a head start. It makes a big difference.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like a key...came from a Benz E550 and you could remove the push button and use the key...did that before I drove off the lot....on the Colorado the metal around the key hole is soft and will be scratched to chit before long

Reactions: 404 Not Found

·
Registered
282 Posts
The higher trim levels should 100% have a push button start (i.e. proximity sensor) so I can toss the keys in my pocket and drive away.

I use the remote start all the time as my wife has always complained I don't let the engine warm up for a few seconds before pulling away. So this makes those complaints vanish (and she was probably right). But I wish I could then just drive the truck away once the key was sensed inside the truck.

My VW Golf had it and it was perfect at knowing if the key fob was inside or outside the vehicle. You couldn't lock the keys inside. Now, if you started the car and then left it, someone could drive it away, so you didn't want to be leaving it running to warm up as it could easily be taken.

Being able to walk up to the car with your keys in a backpack or pocket, unlock it, start it and drive away is pretty awesome. I never took my keys out when driving the VW unless I needed to flash the lights to find the car.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Just saw this. This is Great! Gotta love pissed off Jersey guys! >:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.