Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 1 week of ownership of my Canyon Crew Cab, I am still trying to figure out how to efficiently keep "stuff" handy in the cabin. The first challenges include a tissue box and litter bag. Also, if you have come up with innovative solutions for other items (phones, chargers, pens, garage door openers, etc.), please share those ideas as well.

Cheers!

Leon

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Tthis is handy if you can spare the rear seat leg room.

Someone recently posted a photo of a brand they are using in their Colorado but I don't remember which thread. Otherwise just Google seat back organizer.

Reactions: egatoprop

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cell Phone mount from Pro Clip is my favorite. Solid & well made with great sight line, no looking down. Cost more, but you get what you pay for.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I got a trash bag from the Container Store that hangs from headrest. I had it on my wrangler because it closes and thus trash didn't fly out when top off. It has a vinyl liner so it can keep liquids from dripping. Easily washes out.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Phone is easy. In my pocket, turned off. Charging cords stay in the storage space between the seats, which is where my USB port is. My litter bag is just a plastic bag with handles. I hang it on the shift lever. Unsightly but effective.

Reactions: Leon O

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something this is handy if you can spare the rear seat leg room. Someone recently posted a photo of a brand they are using in their Colorado but I don't remember which thread. Otherwise just Google seat back organizer.
Idea to put on the list for Santa.

Cell Phone mount from Pro Clip is my favorite. Solid & well made with great sight line, no looking down. Cost more, but you get what you pay for.
Santa... Another potential stocking stuffer.

I use a Ram mount for my phone off the rear view mirror and use one of these Cab Commanders on one of the seats for random gear. I got mine from Duluth Trading Co. But you can find others on Amazon.
Buck Naked Undies and Truck Accessories - all in one stop. That's efficient shopping :laugh:

I got a trash bag from the Container Store that hangs from headrest. I had it on my wrangler because it closes and thus trash didn't fly out when top off. It has a vinyl liner so it can keep liquids from dripping. Easily washes out.
Sounds practical. But it has to go on the passenger head rest. I don't want the passengers putting' THEIR garbage by MY head:smile2:

Phone is easy. In my pocket, turned off. Charging cords stay in the storage space between the seats, which is where my USB port is. My litter bag is just a plastic bag with handles. I hang it on the shift lever. Unsightly but effective.
That's the kind of old school thinking I can handle :wink2:

I bent up some aluminum in an S shape at work and double back taped it to my door handle then just hung my trash can on it.
More old school ingenuity.

Thanks Everyone.

I'm beginning to think the tissue box is just going to stay on the passenger's lap. No dude, I'm not getting fresh, I just have a cold. And, I'm not tryin' to put my arm around you, I'm just putting these tissues in the trash bag behind your head :shock:

Cheers!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!!! I think my long response to each of you was deleted by the Mods. My mistake :oops: Now I know family friendly includes innuendo as well as direct language. I appreciate the high standards of the moderators and their hard work on the forum :)

I see suggestions for Santa as well as some old school suggestions that are a great starting point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Square tissue box fits nicely in center console, pistol behind it covered with small micro-fiber cloth (My '89 Dakota had a bench seat with fold-down center arm-rest - pistol hid nicely behind that, with arm-rest folded up. I liked that better).
And the garage-door opener lives comfortably in the "useless" cubby between the seat-heat switches.
Extended cab rear under-seat storage holds miscellaneous stuff that's not accessed real often - ratchet-straps, etc.
Farm keys, gloves in "useless" door pockets.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Square tissue box fits nicely in center console, pistol behind it covered with small micro-fiber cloth (My '89 Dakota had a bench seat with fold-down center arm-rest - pistol hid nicely behind that, with arm-rest folded up. I liked that better).
And the garage-door opener lives comfortably in the "useless" cubby between the seat-heat switches.
Extended cab rear under-seat storage holds miscellaneous stuff that's not accessed real often - ratchet-straps, etc.
Farm keys, gloves in "useless" door pockets.
Thanks! I'll try the square tissue box. In MA we need to keep firearms in a locked case :frown2:

My 2011 F150 had a huge center console for the bench seat. There was also a big space under the center section of the bench. Oh... the challenges of downsizing.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Thanks! I'll try the square tissue box. In MA we need to keep firearms in a locked case :frown2:

My 2011 F150 had a huge center console for the bench seat. There was also a big space under the center section of the bench. Oh... the challenges of downsizing.
Do a search on "VAULT" and you can probably find the threads on converting your center console to a secure firearm storage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do a search on "VAULT" and you can probably find the threads on converting your center console to a secure firearm storage.
Unfortunately, the best I can do in my very liberal town is a "target & sporting" permit, so I haven't carried for years. We have to demonstrate a "need" for concealed carry:clueless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.