Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the K&N site the average gain in HP @ 6000rpm is almost double with the FIPK. How is this possible? arent they both the same design only different materials? also will there be a noticabe difference in sound from the aluminim compared to the HDPE?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
because the FIPK removes the resonator crap that blocks all the air (the part that says Vortech then some numbers depending on what motor you have)

and the 77 just gets rid of the air bot and the piping and attaches to your resonator box thingey :lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
get the FIPK. i've had it for about a month and love it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ColoradoKid121205 said:
because the FIPK removes the resonator crap that blocks all the air (the part that says Vortech then some numbers depending on what motor you have)

and the 77 just gets rid of the air bot and the piping and attaches to your resonator box thingey :lol:

Need to get the correct info -- The K&N 77 Series does not use the "resonator crap that blocks all the air". I had one on my Canyon and really liked the way it looked and performed.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
xseler said:
ColoradoKid121205 said:

Need to get the correct info -- The K&N 77 Series does not use the "resonator crap that blocks all the air". I had one on my Canyon and really liked the way it looked and performed.
just looked it up and they both get rid of the "resonator crap that blocks all the air" :lol:

th main diffrence is that the 77 is made of aluminum and FIPK is made out of plastic.....the plastic has more HP because it absorbs less heat that the aluminum one......but its so shinny :D!!!!

thanks for catching me xseler been at work since 8:00am :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea im really thinking about getting the FIPK addition. Hopefully it wont be a waste of money

·
Registered
268 Posts
its not, trust me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts