·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Not again. :|

·
Registered
2020 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 2WD, V6
108 Posts
It's normally $349 so for $100 IMO you can't go wrong and if you don't like it you can go back to stock and sell it for what you paid.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
CAI, yes
Oil saturated filter, NO!
Not on this vehicle.
It is not recommended.
YMMV, but don't say we didn't warn you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The factory box pulls air from the fender....that thing is sucking rising heat off the engine.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
223 Posts
good price, but it's noisy. performance is kind of drowned out (or enhanced) by the noise, depends on your take. the heat shield helps to insulate hot air from the engine. fit is good and well engineered. as everyone says, careful with over oiling. i've had one for 70k+ miles with no issues and cleaned 2x over that span. definitely some strong opinions here about CAIs. have fun with it.

Reactions: Firehk and RCuriel

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If your profile is right and you have a 2017, that wont fit your engine since its for the 2015-2016 LFX engines

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
2018 2wd 3.6L CCSB WT
198 Posts
good price, but it's noisy. performance is kind of drowned out (or enhanced) by the noise........
IMO adding CAI on our trucks is all smoke and mirrors. The engine sings louder and sounds more “aggressive” when you step on it, but there is no real HP gain........ Plus on the K&N you will lose the engine cover.........

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
That can't be for an LGZ, the pipe angles are all wrong

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Colorado, 2in leveling kit, custom painted interior, bumper light bar, custom rocker swit
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If your profile is right and you have a 2017, that wont fit your engine since its for the 2015-2016 LFX engines
.... Wish I read these in time didn't even realize till I was driving home. Thanks for trying to warn me tho lol will buy it for what I paid or if they want to trade

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree ☝🏻

·
Registered
510 Posts
Engine oil testing has proven that these allow a lot of dirt into the engine and silicon levels will go up. Nothing like sand blasting your engine internally. Not to mention the oil saturation of the filter can contaminate the MAP sensor too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
And if it coats the MAF, the truck will not start. I’ve been victim to this in college with my old mustang. Gotta clean it off carefully with a spray cleaner and Q tips. That’s why I went with a dry filter for my truck. See signature.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Don't run K&N cold air intakes any more but did for years. Its no big deal if you re-oil the filter and it fouls the maf simply get some maf cleaner and spray the hell out of it (don't touch maf and it evaporates quick like alcohol) and all's well again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah no big deal if you remember to keep a can of that under the seat.....and some tools to get to the MAF. Otherwise you might be leaving work and your car won’t start lol!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts