Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got the bar, lights, harness, relay, and new light switch from a local guy. (helluva nice guy) for $500.

Reading up and trying to search for install help. Bar looks fairly straight foward. But the whole electrical side of it is fuzy. I keep seeing posts about people needing the BCM reflashed with an activation code. I'm not sure if i'll need it though since i'm a 2016. Well, the activation code at least. I saw multiple links to some fleabay posts with instalation instructions but really hoping to find a TSB for installation or something.

Would love some input.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Got the bar, lights, harness, relay, and new light switch from a local guy. (helluva nice guy) for $500.

Reading up and trying to search for install help. Bar looks fairly straight foward. But the whole electrical side of it is fuzy. I keep seeing posts about people needing the BCM reflashed with an activation code. I'm not sure if i'll need it though since i'm a 2016. Well, the activation code at least. I saw multiple links to some fleabay posts with instalation instructions but really hoping to find a TSB for installation or something.

Would love some input.
Did it include the replacement headlight switch with the additional button for the off road lights or did it just include a switch and a relay style wiring harness? This will determine if you need to reprogram the BCM with a code.

-Curtiss

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did it include the replacement headlight switch with the additional button for the off road lights or did it just include a switch and a relay style wiring harness? This will determine if you need to reprogram the BCM with a code.

-Curtiss
Came with OEM style switch with additional button for LED's.

Yeah, That's the ebay ad I was speaking about. I'm wanting to find an installation manual from GM.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Came with OEM style switch with additional button for LED's.

Yeah, That's the ebay ad I was speaking about. I'm wanting to find an installation manual from GM.
Write down the part number, go to your local dealer parts department, and ask them to print for you. They will do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.