Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L 4x4 CCSB
20 Posts
Looking good! Great job with the rattle can.

Did you have more tape/paper than what is shown in the pic when you sprayed your grill? Or was that enough to catch the overspray? I don't think I'd trust my painting skills (esp with a white truck).

Reactions: Conor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good! Great job with the rattle can.

Did you have more tape/paper than what is shown in the pic when you sprayed your grill? Or was that enough to catch the overspray? I don't think I'd trust my painting skills (esp with a white truck).
Hey! Actually it was just Plasti dip - https://a.co/d/1YsAmIt

basically like a self applied vinyl wrap paint - you can remove at any time. Easy way to black out chrome or different trim etc. on your vehicle.

I love it, when you get the technique down, it gets a little addictive. I blacked out our family ride 2019 cx-5, and all my other vehicles in the past haha. So much fun to plasti dip, and you can always remove it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, figured I’d give ya an update. I received my headlights and taillights on the weekend. I just had a new born baby on Saturday (cutest lil squish face nugget) but that didn’t stop me from my excitement to install these bad boys.

bought these good looking things forgetting about import fees to Canada ( I live in kelowna BC) and slapped with a $350 charge from UPS (thanks government…)

either way, here’s some of the work I did… this guy is gunna look like fireeeeee… still havelots more id like to do! Please let me know what you think, or if I should add anything or potential future upgrades (from performance to aesthetics

ps I know nothing about cars or engines, other than I love cars and engines… learning by YouTube and google searches, seems about right ;)
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Headlamp

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Office equipment

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

Watch Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Watch Car Vehicle Telephony Tire

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Congrats on you 2016 Canyon. Nice job Upgrading/Modifying

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L 4x4 CCSB
20 Posts
Hey! Actually it was just Plasti dip - https://a.co/d/1YsAmIt

I love it, when you get the technique down, it gets a little addictive.
PlastiDip is DEFINITELY in my future. I'm planning to do tow loops red (buying them red is WAY too expensive) and wheels flat or satin black. Something like this.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts