Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the June Ride of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our May winner, @Koda2831

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 3.6 v6 Midnight Edition with sports bar
274 Posts
My favorite aspect of my ZR2 is its offroad capability. It got me to work more than once on its first winter where my old '98 K1500 would not have. The engine power and torque were very similar to my old truck with its 350. I liked the looks. The sportsbar, the hood bulge, and stance. But, it was the front and rear e-lockers that sold me. I don't offroad just to go offroading, but I love being able to get back to those remote fishing and hunting spots. I used to walk for miles back to them, now I can drive instead. This is especially important when it comes time to bring the game home for processing.

Mods/upgrades:
AVS in-channel window vents
AVS hood protection
I have added RoksBlox flaps front and rear after these pictures.
JL Audio CO-CREW 10" sub in factory custom fit box
JL Audio MX500/1 sub amp
Audio Control LCi2-Pro
Factory Chevrolet floor liners (front only)
I pulled out the useless wireless charger and put in a bucket type console in there instead. I put the control knob for the subwoofer on the front there.
Added factory in bed lighting. I am going to add an additional set of lights up front of the bed though too. It is just too dark with the black bed color, black soft top, etc.
Plugged stake holes with "Rail Caps".

We had a particularly rough winter this year with record cold, snow, and a very early ice storm (Oct. 29th) that hit when trees still had leaves. We had a LOT of limbs and trees down. I was able to drag them out of the way so I could get out.This picture is from the past winter in the first lighter snow.

The subwoofer and amp that I put in the truck goes under the rear seat. It takes the entire area but it looks nearly factory. Along with the factory Bose premium sound, it sounds really quite good. The sub adds the bass missing from the truck. But, it isn't so loud that people outside the truck hardly hear it.

Future upgrades:
After I get the rest saved, I will be adding a Mallet supercharger. I'm over 1/2 way there. :)
I have ordered some red/black ZR2 light covers for the top. I have also tried to figure out how to backlight the ZR2 cutout on the sportsbar.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
745 Posts
Allright, I'll throw my hat in again now that the jerk with the incredibly well-built super diesel has won. This is my 2020 Z71 Trail Runner.

Modifications: Fox 2.0 suspension with ZR2 blocks in the rear, custom built sleeping platform/tool drawers, Baja Designs Squadron Pro ditch lights and fog lights, Baja Designs S2 Sport rear and chase lights, all lights and ARB compressor controlled by a Trigger 4 Plus with a custom 3d printed switch panel where the sunglasses holder used to be, AEV Bison wheels wrapped in 255/75/R17 BFG KO2's, full AEV skid plates, AEV snorkel, Kenwood ham radio, Expedition Essentials CPAM, tow-hook replaced with shackles, ARE shell with Baja Rack full basket with an ARB awning, Homelink rearview mirror, party lights in the shell, and an Eazy Lift Nomad bed tent. Upcoming: Picking up White Knuckle Off-Road sliders on Thursday.

Favorite thing about this truck so far has been its overall capability. I built it up to support me for deep backcountry hunting and fishing trips. So far it's already hauled out my first buck so we're off to a good start.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I love that this truck can take me anywhere to do anything. Someone always has something to say about the truck everywhere I go, it's a real attention grabber. The list of mods is pretty long:

Stacked 5% Tint
Chrome Delete
LED Everything
Stubby Antenna
BakFlip Trifold Bed Cover
Smoked Spyder Taillights and 3rd Brakelight
Muffler Delete
Window Rain Deflectors
2" Bora Wheel Spacers
6" RC Lift
275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Graps
RGB Rock Light Underglow
Undercover Toolbox
OEM Fender Flares
Baja Designs 30" Amber Light Bar, SAE Foglights, and Ditch Lights
Bison Grille
Air Designs Hood Scoop
2 Rockford Fosgate 10" Subs, 4 6.5" Door Speakers, and 2 Tweeters; all to 2 Amps
2 Amber BD Chase/Reverse Lights
"Multicam Black" Wrap
+ a few more that I figured were too small to count

Rocky Road Sliders are on the way

Really love this truck and I look forward to finishing this build!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love that this truck can take me anywhere to do anything. Someone always has something to say about the truck everywhere I go, it's a real attention grabber. The list of mods is pretty long:

Stacked 5% Tint
Chrome Delete
LED Everything
Stubby Antenna
Muffler Delete
Window Rain Deflectors
2" Bora Wheel Spacers
6" RC Lift
RGB Rock Light Underglow
Undercover Toolbox
OEM Fender Flares
Bison Grille
Air Designs Hood Scoop
2 Rockford Fosgate 10" Subs, 4 6.5" Door Speakers, and 2 Tweeters; all to 2 Amps
"Multicam Black" Wrap

View attachment 411047 View attachment 411048 View attachment 411049
Love your truck! Good job so far, would love to see finished, keep us updated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My favorite aspect of my ZR2 is its offroad capability. It got me to work more than once on its first winter where my old '98 K1500 would not have. The engine power and torque were very similar to my old truck with its 350. I liked the looks. The sportsbar, the hood bulge, and stance. But, it was the front and rear e-lockers that sold me. I don't offroad just to go offroading, but I love being able to get back to those remote fishing and hunting spots. I used to walk for miles back to them, now I can drive instead. This is especially important when it comes time to bring the game home for processing.

Mods/upgrades:
AVS in-channel window vents
AVS hood protection
I have added RoksBlox flaps front and rear after these pictures.
JL Audio CO-CREW 10" sub in factory custom fit box
JL Audio MX500/1 sub amp
Audio Control LCi2-Pro
Factory Chevrolet floor liners (front only)
I pulled out the useless wireless charger and put in a bucket type console in there instead. I put the control knob for the subwoofer on the front there.
Added factory in bed lighting. I am going to add an additional set of lights up front of the bed though too. It is just too dark with the black bed color, black soft top, etc.
Plugged stake holes with "Rail Caps".
View attachment 410970

View attachment 410973
We had a particularly rough winter this year with record cold, snow, and a very early ice storm (Oct. 29th) that hit when trees still had leaves. We had a LOT of limbs and trees down. I was able to drag them out of the way so I could get out.This picture is from the past winter in the first lighter snow.
View attachment 410972
The subwoofer and amp that I put in the truck goes under the rear seat. It takes the entire area but it looks nearly factory. Along with the factory Bose premium sound, it sounds really quite good. The sub adds the bass missing from the truck. But, it isn't so loud that people outside the truck hardly hear it.

Future upgrades:
After I get the rest saved, I will be adding a Mallet supercharger. I'm over 1/2 way there. :)
I have ordered some red/black ZR2 light covers for the top. I have also tried to figure out how to backlight the ZR2 cutout on the sportsbar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my 2019 Colorado Z71.

Modifications:
Rough Country 3.25 in combo lift kit
Rough Country hidden bumper mount light bar with a single row 30” light bar
20x9 Remington Caliber wheels with 33x11.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

My favorite aspect of the truck would have to be the stance and look of the truck from front and back. I have only had my wheels for about a week now but they have a good offset and make it look almost bigger than it is. I do plan getting rock sliders, probably the ones on OEM ZR2s or the rough country ones but other than that there is not much more I think it needs.

Attachments

·
Registered
Red 2016 Punisher Z71
2 Posts
ROTM - 2016 Punisher Z71, full Fab Four bumpers, 4in. Rough Country lift, 18in. Fuel Rebel wheels, 33in. Yokohama M/T, limo tint in the back and 15% in front with limo visor.

·
Registered
Red 2016 Punisher Z71
2 Posts
Favorite part is the punisher skull inside the Z71 logo located at the back of the truck bed fender. Didn’t provide a real clear photo, didn’t fit my 3 pics. Love this truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have been a fan of mid size trucks since the nineties. I bought this new in 2019 and have had it overseas in Italy ever since. My favorite aspect of the truck is the size and versatility. I can take it anywhere and haul almost anything I need.

2019 Colorado RST

MODS:
LED Headlights and fog lights
LED turn signal switchback with daytime running lights relocated
Rough Country Level Shocks in front and Bilstein rear shocks.
Rough Country Front light bar in grill.
REV Hard Tonneu cover
K&N Cold air intake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have been a fan of mid size trucks since the nineties. I bought this new in 2019 and have had it overseas in Italy ever since. My favorite aspect of the truck is the size and versatility. I can take it anywhere and haul almost anything I need.

2019 Colorado RST View attachment 412298 View attachment 412299

MODS:
REV Hard Tonneu cover
K&N Cold air intake. View attachment 412300
By the looks of those beq’s, that’s either

2019 Colorado RST View attachment 412298 View attachment 412299

MODS:
REV Hard Tonneu cover
K&N Cold air intake. View attachment 412300
by the looks of that’s base.... aviano... right ?

·
Registered
31 Posts

Stacked 5% Tint
Chrome Delete
LED Everything
Stubby Antenna
Muffler Delete
Window Rain Deflectors
2" Bora Wheel Spacers
6" RC Lift
RGB Rock Light Underglow
Undercover Toolbox
OEM Fender Flares
Bison Grille
Air Designs Hood Scoop
"Multicam Black" Wrap

View attachment 411047 View attachment 411048 View attachment 411049
For the bow tie on the tailgate, did you spray paint, plasti dip? Or buy?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts