Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, A lot of folks watched me build up the 2016 Z71 MallBOSS. J
http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-2nd-gen-colorado-canyon-builds/354993-jp1-s-trailboss-build.html

It’s a great truck, but from the start I really wanted a ZR2Duramax.
Sooo, On Thursday 03/29/2018, I started from Fort Lauderdale to Mississippi to go visit my mother for Easter weekend. I saw a little dealer in Boaz, AL that said they had 3 ZR2 Diesels in stock, figured they were lying, but decided I had nothing to lose by stopping as it was less than 30 minutes out of the way. So, I overnighted in Anniston to be there bright and early Friday.
Well, 45 minutes after arriving, I had signed the paperwork and bought my 2018 ZR2 Duramax in Satin Steel Metallic, with Bose, NAV, and lighted Bowtie (just cause).
THANK YOU Adam Berry and Chevrolet of Boaz!!!

03/30/2018
It was noon before I got out of the Dealer as they needed to switch my steps from the Z71 onto the ZR2 as I’m just too damn short to get in and out. Drove approximately 250 miles, NO issues.

03/31/2018
Drove from Fulton, MS to Biloxi, MS. approximately 350 miles. NO issues, except the damn bugs I had to go get washed off. I did get a scare when I walked up to the truck at the car wash and saw this green fluid pouring out from the truck. Kid working said, “Sir, it’s the car wash water, NOT Antifreeze, I promise” wheew…

04/01/2018
Drove from Biloxi to Fort Lauderdale approximately 700 miles, NO issues. I’m in awe of how smooth this truck is. I also can’t believe how many folks pay attention to this thing.

pics:
NEW 2018 ZR2 on left
traded 2016 Z71 on right

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
04/02/2018
Up early and to the tint shop. 18% ceramic all the way around, and good to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04/03/2018

Stopped by the DMV, paid the tax and registered the truck inFlorida. (Notice my priorities? Tint, THEN title)…

Ordered A LOT of stuff:
  • Tonneau
  • ANZO headlight housings
  • LED 6k Headlights
  • ANZO taillights
  • Diode Dynamics Reverse LEDs (not even messing around this time, just spend the money and avoid the camera static.)
  • Blacked out Duramax badges
  • Third brake light flasher
Still need:
  • Blacked out Colorado badges
  • Stake pocket covers
  • Switchgear for lights, (anybody familiar with the Blazer wireless?)
  • 1.5” Spacers or new wheels?
  • Level kit?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04/04/2018

Installed the DashCam and a LED lightbar that I initially had on the Z71. Haven’t wired the lightbar yet as I’m trying to decide what to use for switchgear.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
04/05/2018

Tonneau and LED headlights came in, but I was out Day Drinkin and in no shape to install anything except my butt in the recliner when I got home.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love the truck color and WOW..... you waste no time in getting the truck personalized. I just got done debadging, am gonna switch to black bow ties and also switch to black Duramax badges on the hood. I get a crazy amount of attention in the truck and people r blown away when they find out its a diesel. Best of luck with the truck, I am thrilled with mine!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
04/07/2018 v2.0

After work:
Installed 3rd Brake flasher (I was behind a SUV that had one driving thru a rainstorm in Atlanta that got me SO pissed off, BUT WORKED as it kept me further back) I needed one.
Installed the ANZO taillights and DD back up LEDs.

Ordering like a hundred 194 LEDs to replace domes/maps and plate lights, then the ZR2 will be ALL LED!

OK, that's enough for tonight, need beer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Where did you get the 3rd brake light flasher, and what's involved in putting it in?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where did you get the 3rd brake light flasher, and what's involved in putting it in?
I've used one from SuperBrightLEDs. I've been meaning to get one for my truck. I may just go ahead and get around to it today.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is the one I have used previously:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/

I will probably order these:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Purishion-Strobe-Controller-Flasher-Module/dp/B01HPSZZXQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1523191294&sr=1-4&keywords=brake+light+flasher&dpID=51FyPrCa7WL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch[/ame]

To install, you just wire it inline before the light bulb.

Reactions: JP1

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice truck and great color!! I look forward to seeing where you go with mods on this truck. The bumper from the old truck would look great on this one

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's the one I got:

12V GS-100A LED Brake Stop Light Strobe Flash Module Controller Box

but the Amazon link Ri22o listed is a buck less for 2 of the same unit:
(keep it up Bezos, Trump already hates you). lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPSZZXQ?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20

Install: like Ri22o said, pull the brake lamp, cut and splice this inline. Easy Peasy, no problems.
The only thing I forgot to mention, which should be obvious, is the bulb needs to be replaced with an LED.

Reactions: Tom S.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only thing I forgot to mention, which should be obvious, is the bulb needs to be replaced with an LED.
Yup, true...
I didn't even think about it as I have LED in the Sports Bar.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup, true...
I didn't even think about it as I have LED in the Sports Bar.
I have read that it will work with an incandescent bulb, but not optimally.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
04/08/2018

loaded the LED switchback signals and LED headlights in the ANZO housings to get ready for install.
WAY bigger project than it sounds, (or should be), had to modify the High beam bayonets and fab a different way to secure the bulbs in place.
oh well, maybe install tomorrow, its beertime now...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
04/09/2018

ANZOs installed!!!
The switchbacks aren't working as I intended. The ANZOs apparently don't use the signal lamp as a marker. They are working as turn signal/Hazard though, and I prefer the LED to the regular bulb. Sucks that you have to pull the whole front end off to install, but oh well. I like them...
Pics in order:
1. Start with OEM
2. OEM Headlights
3. PAX ANZO / DR OEM
4. PAX ANZO / DR OEM marker lights
5. PAX ANZO / OEM Headlights
6. ANZO
7. ANZO markers
8. ANZO Headlights
9. ANZO Headlights w/Hazards on.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 207 Posts