Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a quick question...

I have a PCMForLess 93 octaine tune with the #3 shift option..I am looking for some firmer shifts and am looking at a Jet Servo..Now my question is will I be alright if I just have a trans shop install the servo and that's it? I want the servo with the #3 shifts so my truck can shift harder.

I can punch it at 25-27mph and get a slight chirp with the 20s now but I want the truck to rocket into 2nd :twisted:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a TCI servo installed and I have the #2 shift on my tune and I can get my newly installed 20s on my Z71 4WD crewcab to chirp but not as much as I could with the stock wheels/tires.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
you should ask in the tuning forum so PCMforless sees the question.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ive got a tune and a Jet Servo installed. Its not a PCM4less tune but my 1-2 shift is quick and HARD. But i have trouble getting that 2nd gear scratch.....stupid sticky goodyears.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see that's the thing Grease.Munky mine is PCMForLess...more than likely Rob tunned your truck with the servo already in their or he re-tunned it for the servo :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
ColoradoKid121205 said:
see that's the thing Grease.Munky mine is PCMForLess...more than likely Rob tunned your truck with the servo already in their or he re-tuned it for the servo :D
He only tuned it once. And i installed the servo after that. Im waiting to get it retuned.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well Kelly said that I would be ok.

If i thought that the truck was shifting way too hard that I could go to the #2 or #1 shift setting on the tune but that adding the servo would not harm the truck :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but is it possible for it to shift so hard that it actually hurts the tranny or slows you down?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dalcowboys said:
This is probably a dumb question but is it possible for it to shift so hard that it actually hurts the tranny or slows you down?
shifting too hard can and will hurt a tranny. I don't know much about the 'number 3' setting or whatever on the pcm4less tune, but i'm guessing what it does is raise line pressure? I have a little experience with this on my last truck (Ford Lightning). Some people I know had a servo installed+changed parameters in tuning and had premature failure of the tranny...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dalcowboys said:
Is it possible for it to be slowed down by it shifting so hard?
not sure if that is possible or not.

the harder the shift=the faster you get into gear unless you spin :lol:

Good question though maybe someone can help my tranny noobness :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts