Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch ... wordSearch

These are the ones that are available to us. Generally you want to get the 2nd gear servo for speed and the 4th gear if you’re going to be towing. The difference between the 50 dollar one and the 90 is the 90 is made out of a stronger material (that’s what the guy at summit said) I just ordered the 50 dollar one today but will give a review once I get it in. Also if you go with a different brand make sure it’s for the 4l60e tranny.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i'm doing the tci super servo kit
$72
2nd and 4th spread

·
Registered
20 Posts
we take the 2nd gear servo. we hit our gov. in 3rd gear so there really isnt any point until they make a programer to take off the gov. on our trucks. it really helps the performance but you wont notice until you really step on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
no point for the 4th gear servo is what i ment btw

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
sportgndy940 said:
we take the 2nd gear servo. we hit our gov. in 3rd gear so there really isnt any point until they make a programer to take off the gov. on our trucks. it really helps the performance but you wont notice until you really step on it.
hp tuners or pcmforless?

·
Registered
20 Posts
they can take the gov. off? i wasnt aware. if thats the case and you want a firmer shift going over 100mph then by all means the 4th gear is worth it

·
Registered
20 Posts
personaly if i want that kinda speed i would hop in my Ls1

·
Registered
56 Posts
What Exactly do these do for ya? It says that it improves the 1-2 shift, but can anybody explain how it does this? And what does the 4th gear one do as well?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay, so I just got the Jet 750211 Power Servo Kit in the mail today. Where is the access point on the transmission to install this? The directions seem rather generalized so I'm thinking it's probably a very easy install once I find the access point. They just didn't include that part in the instructions. LOL.

Secondly, about the mix and match thing....

How does that work? Can I purchase the 3-4 gear servo and install it in conjunction with this one?

As you can see...I'm no mechanic but I AM a performance junky with my stuff. I like good performance so I want to do this mod. Any insight would be grateful. Thank you all again in advance.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
the instructions say passenger side of transmission...once there you will see it. pretty simple.

·
Registered
67 Posts
dalcowboys said:
http://sethirdgen.org/images/servo2.jpg heres a pic of it.
Thanks, brother. Good reference pic for everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts