Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well c-fans, I made the move to a Silverado.

I've had problems with the colly lately and I've beening thinking about upgrading for a while.

I'm getting a black 2008 LTZ crew cab. This thing is LOADED. 4x4
5.3 V8, leather, power everything, 20" wheels, and more. I'll be picking it up on monday so I don't have the window sticker to list all the options. The dealer said there isn't a whole lot more I could have upgraded.

I know, I know, PICS, i'll post them as soon as I get the truck home monday night.

The colorado IS a great truck and I will continue to encourage people to buy them. My colorado was my first vehicle EVER and served me well. I'll continue to follow c-fans daily (at this point, it's an addiction!)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
At least you kept it in the family.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, I can't wait to get it! The dealer was nice enough to give me a black 2008 Silverado LTZ with leather to drive over the weekend, So I can kinda feel like I have my new truck. My truck will also have a power moon roof, power pedals, the list goes on and on.

The dealer also gave me a great deal on trade. I bought my colorado outright so I didn't have any debt. It had 59,000 miles on it and KBB and other sites said trade in was valued at $11,000 and the dealer gave me $13,000. With the presidents day sale I got another $3,500 off and dealer has a policy that if you buy your next vehicle from them you get $500 more off. So I feel like I got a good deal.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pics of my 2008 Silverado LTZ 5.3L v8 4x4. I'll be picking it on Monday, but I couldn't stand not seeing it in person, so I drove the two hours to the dealership that had the one I wanted and took some pictures.

I'm having a spray in liner (lineX)and low profile tonneau cover put on before I pick it up. oh yeah, and have them wash all the dirt off too. Then stright off to Main Street Audio to give the bose audio system an upgrade. After that I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'm sure I'll do plenty as usual.

I just wanted to share in my excitement!!!

Keep an eye out in the For Sale section for my K&N 77 series intake and all my audio equipment.
Alpine IDA-X001 (wiring and mount kit included)
infinity componets
infinity coax
alpine 6-disc cd/mp3 changer
alpine kct-300 bluetooth
infinity baselink 10" powered sub.

I'll take pics and post prices when I get some time. But if interested right away pm me.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
nice truck wish i could get a new truck really starting to hate my ext cab.

·
Registered
557 Posts
great looking truck. love the black. my dad has a white ltz w/ 7" of lift. 20"s and 35" mt baja atz w/ sidebiters. pics in my gallery. can't wait to see what you do the silvy

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Damn nice truck. Congrats. I wish I got black again now that I look at yours.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
im really surprised how the new silverado z71's really dont see to have very good clearance on the front end.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
superbeast said:
im really surprised how the new silverado z71's really dont see to have very good clearance on the front end.
Mine isn't a Z71, sorry if I wrote that somewhere, I didn't think I did.

Although I don't think the Z71 is any higher.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure of the breakdown.

I think the LTZ has to do with the interior. such as leather, audio, power windows/locks.

The dealer told me the difference between the Z71 and the non-Z71 4x4 is the size of the shocks and skid plates. He said the ride height and other suspension parts are the same.

I don't know if thats true or not. But my truck and the Z71's look the same height to me when they are next to each other.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, the LTZ is the seat/interior package. Yours actually looks like it has more ground clearence in the front compared to my Sierra. Could just be the angle. I was def a little disappointed with the clearence, but I just ordered a 2 inch leveling kit for now. I REALLY like your wheels too. Want to trade????

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I was surprised at how low the front sits. What did you get to level the front? I was reading you can buy ford keys and get two inches up front.

I'm getting a billet GM grill put on tomorrow. It is an entire grill assembly that looks like the one I have now, but it has the horizontal chrome lines.

kind of like this:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sharp truck!!
Whats the length end to end of your truck as compared to crew cab can or colly---curious how much longer a fullsize is compared to ours.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts