Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chevy just announced: It’s official, the 2023 Colorado is making its debut on July 28th .

On GM's internal site they showed a teaser ZR2 video. From what I've seen, there will be a lot of happy people here.

I checked Chevy's media site and it's YouTube site and the video hasn't been posted. I'll embed it once it is.

Watch it on the slowest speed possible to see more details.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Ya think they are going to clear out the 2022's by then?
Drove by the Bride
Building Font Wall Landmark Rectangle
gton lot yesterday and it almost looks like this picture of the lot from a month ago, not quite as bad but almost

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Chevy just announced: It’s official, the 2023 Colorado is making its debut on July 28th .

On GM's internal site they showed a teaser ZR2 video. From what I've seen, there will be a lot of happy people here.

I checked Chevy's media site and it's YouTube site and the video hasn't been posted. I'll embed it once it is.
Great to know and hear some factual information ! Thanks ! (y)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I bought my 17 on July 28th, my birthday, may happen again.

Reactions: Abe17ZR2 and 93Duc

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
456 Posts
Small text at the beginning mentions HD Surround Vision, so I think we can assume it will have that lol. (not a surprise really, but I hadn't thought of it)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I can see at slow speed,

Low Tube Bar section which includes the fog lights. (The Silverado ZR2 got steel bumpers as standard, wonder if the Colorado ZR2 will too).
No Multi-tailgate
Dash surround looks to be similar to the all digital dash surround on the Silverados
Updated Steering wheel which looks like Adaptive Cruise Control will be available

·
Registered
230 Posts
From what I can see at slow speed,

Low Tube Bar section which includes the fog lights. (The Silverado ZR2 got steel bumpers as standard, wonder if the Colorado ZR2 will too).
No Multi-tailgate
Dash surround looks to be similar to the all digital dash surround on the Silverados
Updated Steering wheel which looks like Adaptive Cruise Control will be available
i'd be surprised if they put the multi pro on the midsized, to be able to put a sheet of plywood it would have to atleast have a 48" opening, the tailgates on the current line up at 55", really that only leaves 3" on either side for steel and locking mechanisms, i doubt it'll happen unless they just make it so the whole talk section of the tailgate folds down

seriouslly though i'm super jacked up about this news, i've been waiting for more info on these trucks, atleast we have a firm date when GM plans on unveiling them and giving us some juicy details

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I expect half will love and half will hate this but in several months with more info most will love this truck.

It is clear they did not blow up the whole deal and focused more on refinement. The original basic package was good so no reason to start all the way over.

Yes adaptive cruise will be available on some packages.

As for the tailgate. It could easily be added at any point. Also remember it was a GMC thing first then went to Chevy. So I would remain optimistic Yet. It is a idea too good not to adapt. It is about more than ply wood.

The torque from the engine for those who have never driven the 2.7 will be a surprise.

GM easily will be the best in class truck based on the weak redo models we have recently seen.

The Toyota was seen with a coil rear suspension. Not sure that is good or not.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
i'd be surprised if they put the multi pro on the midsized, to be able to put a sheet of plywood it would have to atleast have a 48" opening, the tailgates on the current line up at 55", really that only leaves 3" on either side for steel and locking mechanisms, i doubt it'll happen unless they just make it so the whole talk section of the tailgate folds down

seriouslly though i'm super jacked up about this news, i've been waiting for more info on these trucks, atleast we have a firm date when GM plans on unveiling them and giving us some juicy details
Agree with those things. Hard to say how the tailgate will end up, but would be nice for something more accommodating.

Until it's released, there will be a lot of the usual personal unrelated anecdotes by wannabe " automotive gurus" both here and from other sources online as click bate.

Good to know a date supplied my GM for sure ! (y)
It will be rewarding to see what awaits us all in factual details for sure.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
As expected . . . .. LOL Maybe sit on your (y)

Reactions: Xwd and snowwy66

·
Registered
11,476 Posts

As for the tailgate. It could easily be added at any point. Also remember it was a GMC thing first then went to Chevy. So I would remain optimistic Yet. It is a idea too good not to adapt. It is about more than ply wood.

I was looking at another site and a guy was trying to deal with a golf cart in his Sierra Denali bed. I was shocked to here that his Denali had a payload rating almost 600 pounds lower than my Silverado. I wonder how much of the difference is eaten up by that multi-function tailgate. His Sierra Denali had a lower payload than my Canyon.

At least from a full size standpoint, the Denali model would have not been enough truck to handle my current travel trailer.

Anyone know what the weight penalty is for the multi-function tailgate?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts