Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Is your 2015-2019 A/C system abnormally loud?

• Yes, too noisy

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No, seems fine

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first car w/ ac was a 1970 Mercury Marquis Giant road Bomb! Smooth.. When you turned on the AC.. engine at idle would almost stall the motor[429 cid and 335 Hp] Gas mileage would drop by 5 mph [mostly when driven around town.
My Colorado does make "Noise" when fan is on full speed...But when cab is cool. I turn down to 1 position.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My A/C makes a droning/humming/buzzing type noise that comes out of the center console. I've also had a musty smell that starts blowing every once in a while. Dealer said they checked with another Colorado and the sound is "normal." Neither issues were on the 2019 Silverado and 2019 Traverse I had for loaners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2019 z71 has what i find to be a very strange noise that comes and goes only when the compressor is on. if you have ever taken a crystal glass partially full of water, then ran your damp finger around the edge of the glass, you know that this will create a high pitch ringing sound. that is exactly what it sounds like inside the cab of my truck. i have never heard any noise like this in any vehicle i have ever owned. something has to be vibrating at just the right frequency to make that high pitch ringing sound. it sometimes sounds like a whistling noise but can change in pitch when speeding up or slowing down. it is absolutely not the fan. i don't think anything is really wrong, it's just a vibration pitch, but i hope someone can figure out exactly what it's coming from so the sound can be dampened out.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
25 Participants
russ455
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing