Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used sport bar with oem lights and I already screwed up and didn't make sure I got the switch but I thought I was otherwise ready to plug and play after a flash from the dealer but then I got a hold of some install instructions and I really can't tell if mine is just already put together and I just have to feed the existing harness through the drivers side into the engine compartment or if I'm missing a wire harness in between? It came off of a truck and it looks like it is about 5 feet long so I'm really hoping that this wire is all that is needed and I'm worrying for nothing?

I may have to let myself be gouged with an $80 switch but if I have to buy a $120 harness on top then I'm going to see if a shop can wire a switch in and still have the brake light working but I really just want to plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks to me like you are missing the rest of the harness which plugs into one of the electronic modules which is controlled through the upgraded switch (it's all computerized over a serial bus I believe). You're best option at this point is to fabricate your own harness or purchase one that has a switch you will have to mount somewhere in your truck. In addition, there is an "activation code" to enable the on board computer to recognize the new oem switch which I'm guessing you didn't get either.

-Curtiss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.