Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit a submerged rock while rolling through a mud puddle on a forest service road. I'd like to retain the spoiler if possible. At the trimmed level I have it it's a good early warning device...:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I doubt it, it's not that kind of plastic. But, hey, it's worth a try. What's the worst that could happen? You're going to replace it anyway. Might as well remove it, heat it, and then clamp it in a jig anyway.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hit a submerged rock while rolling through a mud puddle on a forest service road. I'd like to retain the spoiler if possible. At the trimmed level I have it it's a good early warning device...:)
Every plastic I have ever encountered can be reshaped with heat. Heck, thats how its formed in the first place right?!? Be careful and I bet you can get 'er done. :) From my experience from playing with this kind of thing is wear gloves and have a spray bottle of water handy to cool it quick when you get the right shape. p.s. I like the trimmed versus the removed......

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Leave it....... Lol. It's battle scars.

I ran into a pipe while parkin the boat/trailer...... scuffed it Up in one spot and it tweaked in one spot. Everytime I wash the truck, I look at it thinking to myself....."I should fix that".

But then..... It's like a fart in the wind. It's off my mind in an instant!! LOL

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a Starbucks latte you can have mine.
If I screw it up I may just take you up on that. You aren't far away. Maybe I'll come to one of the coffee get togethers you were trying to get going.

Reactions: lqdchkn

·
Registered
802 Posts
I had a similar look, ended up being mostly bent clips. Take everything off or at least that side and reset the clips, might reform on its on.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This ^
Remove and place gently in trash can.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Love people who cover their license plates. Unless you have your home phone number as a plate, there's no point in blurring them out or covering them with post-its.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Love people who cover their license plates. Unless you have your home phone number as a plate, there's no point in blurring them out or covering them with post-its.
Some people are just paranoid. But, if you're using a flash to highlight a dark area, the reflective surface of the license plate can really screw up the photo. Especially if you're using a low level camera like a cell phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.