Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Coverking seat cover for my new 2017 Canyon and the cover is made for a bucket seat with a removable headrest but I don't see any way to remove the headrest - I can move it up and down by depressing the tab but it won't come all the way off - is there a way to remove the headrest on a 2017 Canyon??
thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
try this

·
Registered
737 Posts
Strange, my '16 Colorado is exactly as shown in the video.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aha! I didn't see that last night when I looked but I see it now - I must be getting old and my eyesight is starting to go bad :) Thanks

I will just add that I love my new Canyon!!! I traded in a 15 Colorado which I was having a lot of problems with and I think this is a much better pickup - it runs better, it rides better and it just plain looks better!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
aha! I didn't see that last night when I looked but I see it now - I must be getting old and my eyesight is starting to go bad :) Thanks

I will just add that I love my new Canyon!!! I traded in a 15 Colorado which I was having a lot of problems with and I think this is a much better pickup - it runs better, it rides better and it just plain looks better!!
You realize they have the same motors and transmission and sit on the same chassis right.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
You realize they have the same motors and transmission and sit on the same chassis right.
Well you are part correct. OP stated he traded in a 2015, that has the LFX V6 and 6 Speed Trans. He now has a 2017 Canyon. That has a LGZ 3.6L V6 and 8 speed transmission. But yes, the chassis, suspension and other components are virtually identical.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Was it the 2017 year or 2018 when they changed the motor I have a 2015 it's not the same exact engine as the 2018s have now
2017 was the first year for the LGZ and 8l45 in the twins.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly
1 - 11 of 11 Posts