Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
if one is shopping for a ford raptor then how will a colorado even compare? They are different sized and priced...Why wouldnt GM have the sierra go up against the raptor?

·
Registered
294 Posts
If they put out a ZR2, it's needs to be more like the original and less about just stickers, decals and tires.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Seems like it's riding pretty high, even loaded up with mud, and I do believe I detect a wheel flare, and the front bumper looks wide, something different there. Is that an LED signature headlight in there? Or it could just be my eyeballs, I don't know.

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Also, I'm not familiar with the ZR-2. But do we expect they will make a variant for GMC??
Here is a wiki article.
Chevrolet S-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At first blush you would think just bigger tires, fender flares, and stickers, but there was more to it than that in regards to the axles and frame. Really sat up there. I owned a 2003 ZR2, the last year for it because they only made it in an extended cab at the end, the S10 crewcab lasted until 2004 (initially ZR2 was either standard or extended cab, never a crew cab). So that's why people have said they hope it's not just a badge-job on a standard truck.

Yes there was a complete GMC version as well. Initially called the Highrider but later shared the ZR2 name. Only difference between the S10 ZR2 and GMC ZR2 was they painted the fender flares grey on all the S10 ZR2 and were body-colored on the GMC.

Pic is of a ZR2 I just picked off the net, not mine. I don't think I ever got a pic of mine, I rolled it on black ice into a ditch and had it about 2 years. It was a maroon red color.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My new dream truck.

I'm scared it might stay a dream though, based on the Z71 pricing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I personally couldn't care less about an off road centric version of this truck. However for the people that do prefer this type of setup I hope that it is a legitimate upgrade and not another sticker bomb like they did at SEMA.

And on that line of thought.... Where is our ZQ8?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
From the teaser pic, the truck looks pretty aggressive.

I think it makes sense for the big three American truck makers to have distinct off road offerings.

The Raptor is wide and fast
The Power Wagon is solid, and still has enough payload to work as a truck
The ZR2 will have a smaller footprint, and fit through off road trails a little easier

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wouldn't read too far into that article. It looks like a 3rd grader wrote it.

It will be interesting to see what is revealed. I'm guessing it's just going to be GMs attempt at a Raptor fighter. I would like to see them reveal some more information about the Duramax at the LA Auto Show.
I agree. It's a waste of time to read because it's specu-garbage.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
GM should just show the BDS Colorado that's been lifted at the LA Auto Show. Last weekend is wasn't far away from LA.
I haven't been able to find anything new on the BDS truck, like any articles from SEMA. All I could find were the build articles.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't been able to find anything new on the BDS truck, like any articles from SEMA. All I could find were the build articles.
I haven't either. I browsed a little bit hoping for more SEMA photos but I really haven't found any. Maybe I broke my Google.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry, I can't read the "Best Truck Reveiws" could some one guide me to a translation?
You haven't missed anything. It's a daydreaming middle schooler writing about 'what if' cars. No credibility.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts